Sponsored

Ordering online

starkid1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si Coupe
I don't think I've ever seen so many people actually using the ordering process online before?

How many of you do this vs. just buying a car on the lot?
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I have ordered over half of my mustangs vs. buying on the lot. This includes the last three, which I have custom ordered.

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
I usually wouldn't, except I ordered before production started so why not get exactly what I want? And be guaranteed I'd get it.

Also, I am pretty particular about my vehicles. The H1, I compromised on the color, but I wanted newer than 96 to have two gas tanks, 4 doors to seat 4, reasonable miles and under ~$35k. Would have preferred white but got a screaming deal on the truck I picked. Searched for 12 months for what I wanted.

Tony Reco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antonio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
By online, are you referring to all the custom orders people have gotten? I went to the dealership that I wanted to buy the car from and they used their custom ordering software that picks what packages and options you want and they submit it. Pretty darn quick and easy!

OP
OP

starkid1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si Coupe
By online, are you referring to all the custom orders people have gotten? I went to the dealership that I wanted to buy the car from and they used their custom ordering software that picks what packages and options you want and they submit it. Pretty darn quick and easy!
O apparently so. Whenever I've bought a car (3 civics) I just buy what they have on the lot and have never ordered anything special or via the website.

Sponsored

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
I have bought every other new car off the lot. I always came away with not exactly what I wanted. I even went into my dealer with the intention to order an 05 GT coupe and left w/ a V6 vert:doh:. I told myself I wasn't settling this time. I got what I want and I love it.

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
With this particular vehicle, dealer stock on the lot can be pretty far from what you might like options wise. Also many folks live in areas where dealers only have a very small number of mustangs on the lot so that really limits what's available unless you order it through them exactly the way you want it.
Keeps the price down when you don't want extra things that they might have on the lot.

OP
OP

starkid1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si Coupe
I have bought every other new car off the lot. I always came away with not exactly what I wanted. I even went into my dealer with the intention to order an 05 GT coupe and left w/ a V6 vert:doh:. I told myself I wasn't settling this time. I got what I want and I love it.
I find you can't really haggle on the price though when ordering it custom. Probably why I'd rather buy it from the lot. Just me i guess. :headbonk:

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
I find you can't really haggle on the price though when ordering it custom. Probably why I'd rather buy it from the lot. Just me i guess. :headbonk:
That's where x-plan comes in handy. No need to haggle.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
That's where x-plan comes in handy. No need to haggle.
This. I probably could have gotten it cheaper, but not enough to warrant the games you play with the salesman. X-Plan FTW.

Sponsored

Figures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't think I've ever seen so many people actually using the ordering process online before?

How many of you do this vs. just buying a car on the lot?
I wanted very specific options, mostly the Performance Package and looking at the dealer inventory around my area there were only 3 cars with the PP 2 of them being base model GT's.. I could wait and hope that a dealer ordered a car similar but it did not look to be anytime soon so I went to them, put $500 down and did a custom order.

Some dealers only take x-plan with custom orders so I wanted the right price to. X-plan on my car was 39,827 and MSRP is 42,405, in my mind I saved 2578 ish to order, granted you could negotiate a better price and some on here did but I did not want to waste hours trying to negotiate, I have done it in the past and swore off buying cars from dealers (have bought 2 from private sellers since) this just made it easy.

Last edited:

Figures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
OP
OP

starkid1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si Coupe
Aww ok i c cool stuff. I'm still up in the air as to what I really want to do. still have about a year on my bumper to bumper warranty on my car. Might wait until they clearance the cars off next year haha......Although driving my car after that mustang felt really weird haha.
Sponsored