Sponsored

Ordered PP lip and belly pan

JM10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT A6
Order the splitter from Mr. Bodykit. Got it in 4 days with all the hardware and it was $85 shipped.
Did you order the belly pan too?

16 GT Auto 3.15s JLT/Lund 91 Tune
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I wimped out though and went the CS route since it bolts right up in place of the standard splitter with no other changes or trimming needed.
Looks much better.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Did you order the belly pan too?

16 GT Auto 3.15s JLT/Lund 91 Tune
No I ordered the performance pack Apr splitter. Since the splitter blocks all the benefits of having the PP belly pan I couldn't see a reason to buy the belly pan.

OP
OP
tx91_stang

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
I'm glad i changed the splitter the original was to wimpy looking lol
image.jpeg

Sponsored

Old Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Guard, MT, 400A, 455, 648, 13D
I replaced the stock belly pan and splitter with the PP belly pan and its splitter on Friday. Was on a lift, so access was pretty easy, but it took about 2 hours all told. There are many pins and bolts to remove and reattach. The aft middle part of the belly pan extends about three inches farther back than the stock belly pan, so I had to drill two holes and make a couple of aluminum rectangular "washers" to fix the new belly pan to an existing plastic shroud. Also had to drill a new bolt hole at each edge of the belly pan to mount it to the existing wheel wells. The only other modification was to do what others have done, and that is trim out a small section of each wheel well to allow air to follow the PP belly pan channels to the brakes.

The new setup eliminates the small soft plastic underlip that attaches to the stock belly pan. The result is that now the lowest part of the front aero "system" may actually sit a little bit higher off the ground than before.

dgtal36

KEVCITY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
So I ended up installing it succesfully.

Here is a before photo:

Pretty big box for just the splitter!

Here are the both lips next to each other.

I first removed all the bolts/clips that connected the lip and pan to the car. Then I cut the tabs near the front of the new lip so that it was easier to hook onto the car. I used some giant shears so that's why the cuts look crappy.

Then I proceeded to install the lip. I attached some clips on the far left and right side of the lip. You can see one of the clips on the right side of the photo. There were a total of 6 clips, 3 on each side. Once mounted on the car, I used the old plugs and popped them in the center holes of the car.

After installing the lip, I bolted the base belly pan on the car. The base belly pan will not attach to the front of the car since it is longer and will not fit through the lip. I then started cutting out the pieces of the belly pan that protrude from above it.

I only cut the plastic pieces were the screws were supposed to originally be attached. The pieces in between were left and slid through the lip.

I could've done a better job cutting but I didn't have the right tools. As you can see, the far left and right side of the bellypan will not extend all the way under the lip. So far, I had no problems driving like that.

And the end result:

Looks so much better!

Last edited:

JM10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT A6
Nice!

2016 Mustang GT Auto JLT / Lund

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I have a question or two...

I have a PP Ecoboost. Can I put on a GT or GT PP lip without modification?

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Nice work, looks great!

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
I also installed a PP lip (paid $69 on ebay with hardware) without purchasing the belly pan. You basically have to destroy your factory belly pan to make it work. By destroy I mean it will not work if you want to revert back to the original splitter (who would though!)

For the sides that do not extend I ended up cutting sheets of 1/8" ABS plastic to fill those voids, they are riveted to the belly pan. Also cut up the abs to cover all the voids left from cutting into the factory pan. It doesn't look the best haha, but its under the car, and I have a solid belly pan with no holes again.

Also not noted you will have to make new holes in the factory belly pan to bolt it up to the PP splitter. Trial and Error haha

Saved my self $200 and I didn't have to cut my factory fender liners in the process. I'm perfectly okay with that

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I also installed a PP lip (paid $69 on ebay with hardware) without purchasing the belly pan. You basically have to destroy your factory belly pan to make it work. By destroy I mean it will not work if you want to revert back to the original splitter (who would though!)

For the sides that do not extend I ended up cutting sheets of 1/8" ABS plastic to fill those voids, they are riveted to the belly pan. Also cut up the abs to cover all the voids left from cutting into the factory pan. It doesn't look the best haha, but its under the car, and I have a solid belly pan with no holes again.

Also not noted you will have to make new holes in the factory belly pan to bolt it up to the PP splitter. Trial and Error haha

Saved my self $200 and I didn't have to cut my factory fender liners in the process. I'm perfectly okay with that
Thanks guys!!!
So if I buy the PP belly pan, no modifications would be necessary?
That would work for the normal GT lip too?

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
Thanks guys!!!
So if I buy the PP belly pan, no modifications would be necessary?
That would work for the normal GT lip too?
If you buy the PP belly and splitter, the only modification you need to do is trim your wheel liners to make the brake ducts functional.
Sponsored