Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
So a general question that a lot of us will need to get answered: Some people placed an order and then at some point before taking delivery, Ford raised prices. So when you are able to click the link in the order tracking web page and see your window sticker, does it show the old price that you ordered with, or the new raised price? If the sticker shows the raised price, there should be a strategy to hold Ford accountable and make them sell to the dealer for the price it was originally ordered for. What I don't want is for there to be a little-known process for getting the deal honored under the original pricing that we don't know about. I called Ford Customer Service about this a couple weeks ago and as usual they were useless. My car on Ford build and price is now $2,235 more expensive than it was when I placed the order, and I don't want to walk in cold on delivery day to argue with the dealer about it without having a plan and an answer ahead of time. @Zach@Granger, feel free to chime in!

So let me get this straight. You don't want to wait longer and pay more??
Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
A sales guy posted the bulletin for the latest price increases on the blue oval forums has this information:

EFFECTIVE DATE
Price and Dealer Invoice changes will be effective June 1, 2021.

PRICE PROTECTION
2021 & 2022 model units invoiced prior to June 1, 2021 will not be re-invoiced.

The way he is answering the questions from posters is that MSRP and invoice prices are locked in when the orders are placed, so as long as you order was in before June 1, the MSRP and invoice should not change.

I'll link the thread, but not sure if the mods will nuke the link: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70398-mid-year-pricing-actions/
So the error in this reasoning is that the dealership is not invoiced until the vehicle is produced and shipped. So if you ordered on 4/23 but the vehicle is yet to be in production, then the dealership has not been invoiced yet.

I'm 99% sure that you can protect the pricing if there is a signed buyers order previous to the price change. I'm doing some research on the process to verify this.

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
So the error in this reasoning is that the dealership is not invoiced until the vehicle is produced and shipped. So if you ordered on 4/23 but the vehicle is yet to be in production, then the dealership has not been invoiced yet.

I'm 99% sure that you can protect the pricing if there is a signed buyers order previous to the price change. I'm doing some research on the process to verify this.
Thanks Zach. I just got my window sticker today and blend is 6-25. Getting real close. The window sticker MSRP is higher than the order preview I signed (reflecting the price increases 6/1). So will be interesting to see how that plays out. I decently trust my sales guy as he was referred by a friend.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver

Sponsored

frank_white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Convertible, Velocity Blue
Does anyone have the info about how to add your email address to the order so I can get emails from Ford? I got a Vin this week finally, and called the customer service number and they said i had to do it at my dealership. I tried searching but can't find the info

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
Does anyone have the info about how to add your email address to the order so I can get emails from Ford? I got a Vin this week finally, and called the customer service number and they said i had to do it at my dealership. I tried searching but can't find the info
My dealer dicked me around and said they cant add my email to my order....I just use the tracking tool

frank_white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
My dealer dicked me around and said they cant add my email to my order....I just use the tracking tool
Yea I'm not even asking my dealer. He's techogically deficient lol. I'll use the tracker too but I thought it would be cool to get emails too

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Yea I'm not even asking my dealer. He's techogically deficient lol. I'll use the tracker too but I thought it would be cool to get emails too
You are missing out on nothing. The emails are useless, out of date and depressing.

fljab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I think June 1 was the price increase. Build the car you ordered today on build & price and you'll probably notice it's more expensive than your window sticker shows.
In my case the price is the same. Dunno why, but it matches to the dollar with my cost sheet from the time I ordered. I wonder what they raised price wise in the Mustang line?

Sponsored

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
Been trying to get my dealer to add it for two months now. They say they don’t know how. I called Ford Marketing and they said they can’t do it, the dealer needs to. I asked the dealer to call Ford Marketing. he said he did and they told him that I needed to call Ford Marketing with my info and they can add it. wtf-ever. Maybe I’ll try again next week. Tracker doesn’t do anything, just says order confirmed.

frank_white

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Been trying to get my dealer to add it for two months now. They say they don’t know how. I called Ford Marketing and they said they can’t do it, the dealer needs to. I asked the dealer to call Ford Marketing. he said he did and they told him that I needed to call Ford Marketing with my info and they can add it. wtf-ever. Maybe I’ll try again next week. Tracker doesn’t do anything, just says order confirmed.
Fwiw marketing told me my dealer had to call the regional person or office and add it that way. Maybe try that if you want

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
Fwiw marketing told me my dealer had to call the regional person or office and add it that way. Maybe try that if you want
It absolutely boggles the mind why this is a difficult thing to do, and/or there is no process in place to fix it.

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
It absolutely boggles the mind why this is a difficult thing to do, and/or there is no process in place to fix it.
Many, many, many years ago (lots of many's) I worked as a salesman at a now closed Chevy dealership. I learned more in 1 year of how not to treat people than all my years after. I left the dealership but retained the passion to treat my customer with respect...they are not always right, but all people deserve respect. Unfortunantly this philosophy escapes a good majority of dealerships. I have dealt with some very good dealers and have told them so, but have had my share of unbelievable losers and have also told them so. Honestly not going to worry about it, sooner or later the car will be built.

yuduk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Auto
Does anyone know what is the cut off date for the order 2021 models? Maybe it is June 1st? if it is, then why would they still advertise as 2021 on the website.. They increased the prices on june 1st, and they would do another increase for the 2022 model orders in the last quarter of this year?
Sponsored