Ordered cars

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Its simple. I have a document that shows an agreed price that I obtained the day I ordered my car. That document is a binding contract for that dealer to provide you with the vehicle described in that document for the price agreed upon in that document.
Now I assume there could be a few circumstances where that contract would not be honored such as Ford goes out of business, the factory burns down or even possibly you decide not to accept the vehicle after it is built and delivered however you may forfeit any monies paid to that point.
Maybe simple in your case, but there are an awful lot of people who ordered based on 2% under invoice and unless Ford honors the original invoice price, either the dealer or the buyer will have to pay more and there's no reason for either of them to have to do that. Ford raised the price, Ford should eat the difference.
Sponsored

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Maybe simple in your case, but there are an awful lot of people who ordered based on 2% under invoice and unless Ford honors the original invoice price, either the dealer or the buyer will have to pay more and there's no reason for either of them to have to do that. Ford raised the price, Ford should eat the difference.
I would contact your dealership to get a clear confirmation about your concerns. If your deal is 2% under invoice then read the fine prints to see if that "invoice price" is subject to change without notice or not. Otherwise, as BLM stated, the contract you signed is binded based on the conditions outlined at the time of signing. The only thing I recall is that when the vehicle arrives, I have the option to get a better deal if that's what's available at the time of pickup (example: my interest rate for 72 months finance is at 1.49% at the time of signing, but if Ford drops the interest rate to, say, 0.99%, I will be able to get that)

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I would contact your dealership to get a clear confirmation about your concerns. If your deal is 2% under invoice then read the fine prints to see if that "invoice price" is subject to change without notice or not. Otherwise, as BLM stated, the contract you signed is binded based on the conditions outlined at the time of signing. The only thing I recall is that when the vehicle arrives, I have the option to get a better deal if that's what's available at the time of pickup (example: my interest rate for 72 months finance is at 1.49% at the time of signing, but if Ford drops the interest rate to, say, 0.99%, I will be able to get that)
Guys, while I appreciate and agree with your points, in the real world, the dealer may not play by the same rules. Ford is hosing them and they can very easily decide to pass the hosing along to the buyer. If you don't like it don't buy it, and I could see their point if they decided to go that route.

For example, when I placed my order, the dealer and I agreed on a trade in value. A month later when trade values were skyrocketing I told them I was selling to Vroom. They said if I did, I'm violating my agreement with them and the 2% under invoice on the Mach 1 is void and I'd have to pay sticker. Whether they were right or wrong, I didn't want to start the ordering process over again and wait even longer, plus have to pay to have it shipped to me from Iowa.

The same may happen with the 2% under invoice price. If the original deal was for 2% under invoice, just like all the orders placed with Zach at Granger, they could easily argue that they didn't increase the invoice price, Ford did, so the deal is still 2% under invoice but at a higher invoice price. If you don't like it go order somewhere else. Again, right or wrong, do you want to be in that situation?

And I really don't understand why this is even a discussion. FORD INCREASED THE PRICE TO THE DEALER and they are getting off scot-free with us debating whether we or the dealer should get the short end of the stick, even though neither of us did anything wrong.

BLM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Convertible/ 69 Chevelle SS
So if the contract/order form/ etc. Says that the price you shall pay is 2% below invoice price and it doesnt have any numbers on it then in that case I guess you are screwed but if it states 2% below invoice and has an invoice price stated on that document then you get whatever 2% below whatever that figure is.
in that same regard if the dealer ordered the car at a certain price then Ford must abide by that price to the dealer even if Ford raised their price.
Now if I have a contract to buy a Mustang at a certain price and then they lower the price I would not expect the dealer to adjust the price of the car? After all I agreed t o pay $XXX for the car. My choice at that point would be to not accept the vehicle and forfeit my deposit or to pay the agreed price.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
So if the contract/order form/ etc. Says that the price you shall pay is 2% below invoice price and it doesnt have any numbers on it then in that case I guess you are screwed but if it states 2% below invoice and has an invoice price stated on that document then you get whatever 2% below whatever that figure is.
in that same regard if the dealer ordered the car at a certain price then Ford must abide by that price to the dealer even if Ford raised their price.
Now if I have a contract to buy a Mustang at a certain price and then they lower the price I would not expect the dealer to adjust the price of the car? After all I agreed t o pay $XXX for the car. My choice at that point would be to not accept the vehicle and forfeit my deposit or to pay the agreed price.
But why should either the buyer or dealer get screwed like this when Ford is the one who isn't honoring the original deal?

Sponsored

BLM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
But why should either the buyer or dealer get screwed like this when Ford is the one who isn't honoring the original deal?
What I am saying is neither will get screwed. Just as dealer must honor price at signing of contract Ford must honor price to dealer at time of placing order to Ford.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
What I am saying is neither will get screwed. Just as dealer must honor price at signing of contract Ford must honor price to dealer at time of placing order to Ford.
I'm probably just gun-shy because of what happened with the dealer "interpreting" our agreement on my trade-in differently than I did. Hopefully since I have a piece of paper showing the invoice price and the sales manager's signature for 2% under invoice, I should be OK.

I just called Ford who said IF something happens where the dealer doesn't honor the deal, I can call Ford Customer Service and register a formal complaint. They said dealers are to some extent judged by Ford on the number of complaints and the time to resolution, so they try to avoid that kind of situation.

BLM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Based on your explanation of your trade in deal I would say the dealer was correct. You would have been voiding the agree upon deal. Just as you could not demand more money for your trade in after you agreed to a certain price the seller cannot demand more money than agreed on at time of ordering.

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
A sales guy posted the bulletin for the latest price increases on the blue oval forums has this information:

EFFECTIVE DATE
Price and Dealer Invoice changes will be effective June 1, 2021.

PRICE PROTECTION
2021 & 2022 model units invoiced prior to June 1, 2021 will not be re-invoiced.

The way he is answering the questions from posters is that MSRP and invoice prices are locked in when the orders are placed, so as long as you order was in before June 1, the MSRP and invoice should not change.

I'll link the thread, but not sure if the mods will nuke the link: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70398-mid-year-pricing-actions/

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
A sales guy posted the bulletin for the latest price increases on the blue oval forums has this information:

EFFECTIVE DATE
Price and Dealer Invoice changes will be effective June 1, 2021.

PRICE PROTECTION
2021 & 2022 model units invoiced prior to June 1, 2021 will not be re-invoiced.

The way he is answering the questions from posters is that MSRP and invoice prices are locked in when the orders are placed, so as long as you order was in before June 1, the MSRP and invoice should not change.

I'll link the thread, but not sure if the mods will nuke the link: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70398-mid-year-pricing-actions/
Here's the part I was looking for:

Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2021&2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before May 31, 2021, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before June 4, 2021.

Sponsored

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Ref. my last post (#119 on June 2nd) ...

Well, I've not gotten an "update" email since 5/20 and every time I've clicked the link to check the status since then it it was still at the "Order Confirmed" stage and N/A for est-dely-date.

Well, checked status today and it now says "In Production" which I'm surprised I did not get an email stating this being it is "update" Thursday. Est-dely-date still shows N/A, but I'm just happy to see the I-P status.

Oh, and I now see I have a window sticker too !!

Doug

drgnrdr33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP, 2003 Marauder
Ref. my last post (#119 on June 2nd) ...

Well, I've not gotten an "update" email since 5/20 and every time I've clicked the link to check the status since then it it was still at the "Order Confirmed" stage and N/A for est-dely-date.

Well, checked status today and it now says "In Production" which I'm surprised I did not get an email stating this being it is "update" Thursday. Est-dely-date still shows N/A, but I'm just happy to see the I-P status.

Oh, and I now see I have a window sticker too !!

Doug
There is hope....

fljab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
When did Ford raise the price? I ordered mine on 4/23 and it's due to be built next week (GT Premium). I did have an agreed on price OTD contract with the dealer. I've seen the window sticker and prices are the same I believe but will double check to make sure. If they've increased, it's not by much. MY OTD price is about the same as sticker MSRP, probably a bit less due to DMV fee estimate.

I played around on the Ford build and price for a good bit before I started talking to the dealer, so kept on top of what I wanted and what it would cost. I've been pretty satisfied with the process so far except I really wanted a Mach 1, but this dealer and others offered no deals of any kind on them, only full MSRP.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
When did Ford raise the price? I ordered mine on 4/23 and it's due to be built next week (GT Premium). I did have an agreed on price OTD contract with the dealer. I've seen the window sticker and prices are the same I believe but will double check to make sure. If they've increased, it's not by much. MY OTD price is about the same as sticker MSRP, probably a bit less due to DMV fee estimate.

I played around on the Ford build and price for a good bit before I started talking to the dealer, so kept on top of what I wanted and what it would cost. I've been pretty satisfied with the process so far except I really wanted a Mach 1, but this dealer and others offered no deals of any kind on them, only full MSRP.
I think June 1 was the price increase. Build the car you ordered today on build & price and you'll probably notice it's more expensive than your window sticker shows.
Sponsored