Ordered cars

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Plant is now shut down an extra week! Includes week of 23. I ordered mine march 6, hope to get it before snow flies again!!!
Mine was ordered March 9th, arrived at the dealer April 26th. Don't know if my build just slipped in before shutdown or what. They may still be shipping cars that are done awaiting transport.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Mine was ordered March 9th, arrived at the dealer April 26th. Don't know if my build just slipped in before shutdown or what. They may still be shipping cars that are done awaiting transport.
I was shaking hands with the dealer 10 days later than you but its looking like I wont be getting the car for at least 6 weeks or more later than you.

Sponsored

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I ordered my 2021 Mustang GT on March 6th, but since I'm in Canada I can't track it myself, but based on the last conversation I had with my sales guy a week ago, he says it's still ETA for May production with a mid-June delivery so fingers crossed. I too have ordered Iconic Silver and am unwilling to settle for any other colour

pfarley1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I'm honestly considering canceling my order. I timed my order for an early summer delivery. It probably won't be delivered until July now. (Early March order)

I was on the fence about ordering and waiting for the new 7g to come out.

The worst part is the Ford is not reaching out in any way. Not at the dealer level or from Ford Corp. I think everyone realizes there are supply chain issues but to not communicate with your customer is the worst thing a company can do. Plus, the fact that they probably knew about this in February or earlier and they didn't set realistic order delivery timelines.

I work for one of the largest home builders in the US. We are communicating extremely regularly with our customer base on delays and setting realistic build times.

Awful experience Ford.

Voodoo2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 #3148 700a Race red
Another Canuck order. Built and ordered a Mach 1 on Jan 14.
Got Vin promptly. 1st build Apr. 5, pushed to May 17, pushed to June 15 now.
I gotta wonder if there is any reason, besides the chip issues, that a dealer might get pushed back from a cash order, sold car by Ford. Is it "take care of the US market first?" Did my Ford dealer not pay his bills promptly? (There were 2 Mach e's coming off a carrier today, so I kinda doubt that..)
4 months from order to now. Pretty tough to be patient. I sold my sweet 2006 GT last year, so I am stuck driving my pickup or the wifes VW Golf R... Could be worse..

Sponsored

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
Got an email from Ford tonight. They moved my build date up from mid July to mid June.

Was not expecting moving a whole month forward. Maybe they got production sorted out?

pfarley1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Got an email from Ford tonight. They moved my build date up from mid July to mid June.

Was not expecting moving a whole month forward. Maybe they got production sorted out?
When was your order placed? What were the specs? I'm hoping this happens for the rest of us too.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
When was your order placed? What were the specs? I'm hoping this happens for the rest of us too.
Ordered middle of April. Just a 301a from Granger plus the roush s/c but that doesn’t affect the build date.

pfarley1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Ordered middle of April. Just a 301a from Granger plus the roush s/c but that doesn’t affect the build date.
I wonder if it is because you have the 301a. Your build time is the same as mine and I ordered 3/9.

whoa there

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lava GT, 72 Gran Torino, 2021 Mach 1 on order
This is great news! I'll take any good news. Only thing I can add is for the last 3 Thursdays, I got emails moving out my build dates until last night (Thursday) didn't get anything. Ordered A Mach 1 with everything except red calipers, Recaro, and car cover. Build week of June 14th.
I was watching Bloomberg last Saturday morning and they was interviewing a guy about the chip shortage. He said the lead time for the chips was about 4 months.
Sponsored