Ordered cars

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback - Twister Orange 6M Ordered 2/Jan/2021
I would be talking to your dealer ASAP! I ordered my GT 08 Jun and have a build date of Aug 16. You need to find out your priority code.
Sorry, I live in Australia, Local Dealers don't give out much information.
I usually let them know about the Plant Closures.
Sponsored

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback - Twister Orange 6M Ordered 2/Jan/2021
I would be talking to your dealer ASAP! I ordered my GT 08 Jun and have a build date of Aug 16. You need to find out your priority code.
This is all I get when I ask for an update, it takes nearly 3 months to get to Australia, so Build Date at the end of July will No Way get an an ETA of 16-OCT-2021. unless they fly it over:-

1626736677337.png

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Those of us who ordered Mach 1’s are discovering that priority codes are a joke… I’ve been a 1 for months and ordered in March, and have had my build date moved from August till September while GT and EB owners are taking our August spots. Other Mach orders in similar conditions.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Lighting XLT, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
Sorry, I live in Australia, Local Dealers don't give out much information.
I usually let them know about the Plant Closures.
That makes sense. Too bad you guys don’t get more info

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those of us who ordered Mach 1’s are discovering that priority codes are a joke… I’ve been a 1 for months and ordered in March, and have had my build date moved from August till September while GT and EB owners are taking our August spots. Other Mach orders in similar conditions.
That sucks, I’m surprised the Mach 1’s aren’t getting the priority over the GT/EB’s.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That sucks, I’m surprised the Mach 1’s aren’t getting the priority over the GT/EB’s.
I think everyone regardless of trim level would understand and accept a simple priority based on order date… hard to understand what Ford’s doing but obviously this must make more money for them somehow. I’m sure not smart enough to figure out how though LOL!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Why? The dealers sell many more other Mustangs. The dealers need cars they can move as floor traffic especially during this shortage.
We’re all important, but in the grand scheme of things Ford needs to keep their dealers supplied and alive more than they need to get you your car. Not much more, but more. Patience will be rewarded.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why? The dealers sell many more other Mustangs. The dealers need cars they can move as floor traffic especially during this shortage.
We’re all important, but in the grand scheme of things Ford needs to keep their dealers supplied and alive more than they need to get you your car. Not much more, but more. Patience will be rewarded.
Oh yea, I understand, I just figured the Mach 1s would be a higher profit margin than the GT/EB. I get the dealer stock, but again personally it makes sense to prioritize the orders cars because they have a buyer already. But someone much smarter than me has it figured out. I’m just along for the ride and enjoy seeing everyone post pics of their new mustangs. Surprisingly I am actually cool with the wait.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Surprisingly I am actually cool with the wait.
I am super jealous of you being OK with the wait. It was exciting at first but now it's just downright unhealthy obsession.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am super jealous of you being OK with the wait. It was exciting at first but now it's just downright unhealthy obsession.
I spend way to much time on the forum looking at everyone else’s cars. I havee we about 30 different build for mine when it gets here.

Sponsored

BLM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Convertible/ 69 Chevelle SS
Well I did get another delivery update on the tracker last night. Was supposed to be delivered by 07/17. Now it says it will be delivered 07/21-07/27. So we shall see.

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
Turns out my car arrived via rail just outside tampa today. I am about 1 hour south of there...now need to wait for a truck to bring to my dealer...hope this week.
Got excited that my car is just 1 hour north of me, now it sits waiting for a truck. Dealer first thought it may get to them by July 21st per Ford site, now its been pushed out another week...what a pain.

OP
OP

Donny53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Got excited that my car is just 1 hour north of me, now it sits waiting for a truck. Dealer first thought it may get to them by July 21st per Ford site, now its been pushed out another week...what a pain.
It took four (4) days for my car to go 45 miles!!

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I picked up mine just about 2 weeks ago from my dealer here in Toronto. I know how agonizing it is to wait for our cars, so I wish all of you will get yours soon!
Sponsored