Ordered '18, but Ford would not build anymore - out of manual boxes

mondos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raimond
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv. PP1 Manual
I ordered a 2018 GT Premium Convertible, manual, Ruby Red/Showstopper Red with Performance Pack, MR, AVE, 401A, SnS, Shaker Pro on 03/06.

The dealer seemed to have submitted the order right away based on the Preview Order (PO). No DORA or VOC anymore as I understand, but that's different topic. The PO has needed info to use COTUS anyway.

The COTUS has given status "A matching vehicle could not be determined. Please contact your dealer to get status updated about your order." since ordering.

I finally asked dealer to give status update. They said that they called Ford and they were told that the combination of commodities (I hope I got the word right) could not be ordered anymore for 2018. The dealer said that 2 other 2018 ordered on the same day got VIN within the week.

Ford had said that they are out of manual transmission for 2018 for Performance Pack cars. The same car could be still built with automatic or I can change my order to 2019.

I'm going for 2019. Waiting is not a problem for me and 2019 has rev. matching which is something that I enjoyed on Camaro.
Sponsored

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Sorry you didn't get 18. When do they think you can get a 2019?
Lee

milo4753

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2009 f150, 1973 240 Z
No 18

I ordered on 3/3 and got the same news after a three week wait. I switched my order on 3/29 to a 19. I hate to wait all summer but the up-side is I will get rev-matching and the B&O audio. Now the wait starts for June production start up.

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Isnt the 2019 PP going to have the same manual tranny? I dont understand why they cant build an 18. I guess they have to allocate them to the 2018 which they arent doing to reserve them all for 2019 but it still seems like they could miss out on potential customers.

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
i ordered my 2018 PP2 on 3/5. got a VIN couple weeks later and cotus works.

Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Isnt the 2019 PP going to have the same manual tranny? I dont understand why they cant build an 18. I guess they have to allocate them to the 2018 which they arent doing to reserve them all for 2019 but it still seems like they could miss out on potential customers.
The 2019 has rev matching. They are probably out of the part number of the trans that doesn't have the sensors.

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
The 2019 has rev matching. They are probably out of the part number of the trans that doesn't have the sensors.
I remember reading that but thought it was in the California eddition or some other special eddition only.

Cheese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I hope this doesn't happen to me. I ordered 31 Jan and I still don't have any idea on where mine is at. I was in the same boat as you with the commodities issue but was told that I had an approved order and allocation, they were just wait for the hold to be released.

My fear is that I will hear that I will hear the same news and be told after waiting two months that I am SOL. We shall see.

OP
OP
mondos

mondos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raimond
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv. PP1 Manual
Ithe commodities issue but was told that I had an approved order and allocation, they were just wait for the hold to be released.
You can check the state with COTUS and if you have the same error message (you don't have a VIN) then it's actually not picked up and the commodities issue is still valid for your case. They can't build manuals with PP anymore and if you had these options then you have to change the order.

I doubt waiting helps here. Ask your dealer to call Ford and confirm if the issue will be resolving or permanent for your order.

When do they think you can get a 2019?
Lee
I placed the order for 2019, but I have no idea when I'll get it. I will not know that for about couple of months as far as I understand.

i ordered my 2018 PP2 on 3/5. got a VIN couple weeks later and cotus works.
Seems the problem is limited to PP1 only then. I never got a VIN and you should be good if you have the VIN.

This is how I understand it.

Cheese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
My dealer told me that everything refreshes on Friday so I plan on calling then. Appreciate the heads up.

Cheese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Got the news I was fearing. No dice for me. Got notified by my dealer that my order for my 18 was cancelled. Now what to do.
Sponsored