Sponsored

Order tracking by dealer

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
So if you're paying $62,230 how much do you reckon you'll resell for?
I'll only sell if it goes for $20K+ over RRP. List it for sale and see what happens :)

Anything less, I'll hang on to her.

Which isn't really being overly optimistic whatsoever, given the demand and how much some will be willing to pay as a premium for day 1.

To me, it's not worth it holding on to it JUST to be the first few to have it. The profit will be worth more to me than the ownership of it a few months before another one.
Sponsored

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD MUSTANG GT MT MAGNETIC,RIDES YAMAHA R1
I'll only sell if it goes for $20K+ over RRP. List it for sale and see what happens :)

Anything less, I'll hang on to her.

Which isn't really being overly optimistic whatsoever, given the demand and how much some will be willing to pay as a premium for day 1.

To me, it's not worth it holding on to it JUST to be the first few to have it. The profit will be worth more to me than the ownership of it a few months before another one.
My dealer reckons he has a customer that is prepared to pay 10k to take someone's position in the queue for a manual GT any colour.

Don't think that can happen with the way Ford is controlling the orders. But it does give an indication, that people will pay considerably more than retail to get a Mustang sooner!:

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Don't think that can happen with the way Ford is controlling the orders. But it does give an indication, that people will pay considerably more than retail to get a Mustang sooner!:
Yup, that's what I'm expecting.

I know this, because I would have been prepared to pay $10K over RRP easily lol...

So I'm heading in to another dealer (that I called 2 weeks ago) tomorrow. They told me if I ordered at that time, it was estimated for July 2016. Pretty big dealership.

I'm happy to wait another 6 to 8 months post-receiving-1st-batch, if it means a $20+ profit. Hey, that basically means my GT would be $40K or less... lol

EDIT: Done. Just placed another order. $61,970 drive away at Power Ford Castle Hill. ETA July - August 2016.

Last edited:

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I was at my dealers today and asked about an update on delivery....was told that as of last week, it will be in Feb 2016....
That is pretty crappy really as we ordered in 2014 and were told we were the fifth to order from that dealer. I wasn't able to see the dealers screen to see were we were positioned relative to others who had ordered.
I note that on Tarabrae's spreadsheet that someone ordered in Feb 2015 from the same dealer and had been told to expect a Nov 2015 delivery . After seeing the car in the flesh last night and how nice it is, I am struggling to see how we can wait another eight months, it seems an eternity since we ordered six months ago.
A bit of depression is setting in and I think I will stop visiting the forums for now. I feel that something was screwed up with the dealer order to Ford, or they are not very well considered by Ford, either way, there is not much happiness here...

Sponsored

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
Bobsp12 - I think the person your are referring in the list doesn't appear to have received any update from the dealer. You would think that you would receive your car before them.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
That is true Aussie Mate, but to be supposedly fifth in the queue and waiting around four months after the first ones are delivered is not fun. I am getting the feeling that maybe a few special customers may have been slipped in earlier or the orders weren't placed until sometime in 2015 and then in no particular order.
Having seen the car and it being such a beautiful thing , waiting is very difficult.

Last edited:

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
A bit of depression is setting in and I think I will stop visiting the forums for now. I feel that something was screwed up with the dealer order to Ford, or they are not very well considered by Ford, either way, there is not much happiness here...
I know what you mean Bob. I was feeling the same too but I changed my mentality to research my modifications, look at the different brands etc., You know what I mean? My delivery is late 4th quarter 2016.

There are some great threads in this forum and some real informative information. Look at this to ease your depression http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23876

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
Bobsp12 - I know too well how you feel - as do many others..

By the time I get my car - I would have been waiting over 1 and 1/2 years....
That is a long time. All my mates think I'm crazy..

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Yeh, I get the "you're crazy" stuff too. I used to think people were nuts that ordered ferraris and the like, way before they were released and here we are doing it for a Ford.....the brand that invented mass production......is there a psychiatrist in the house.
Yeah Nah, the researching mods has been good to pass the time, but I have got a heap of parts already and just want to start the modding now.....
Thanks for the encouraging words....but I warn you, once you see the thing, you will be the same way...you will want it now....

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
but I warn you, once you see the thing, you will be the same way...you will want it now....
Seeing it on the 7th! Can't wait :D

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
You may have trouble sitting down for a while after you see it;)
Oh no... am I gonna need a change of pants? best to bring a spare one in the car?

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
Yeh, I get the "you're crazy" stuff too. I used to think people were nuts that ordered ferraris and the like, way before they were released and here we are doing it for a Ford.....the brand that invented mass production......is there a psychiatrist in the house.
Yeah Nah, the researching mods has been good to pass the time, but I have got a heap of parts already and just want to start the modding now.....
Thanks for the encouraging words....but I warn you, once you see the thing, you will be the same way...you will want it now....
I have more than seen it Bob :ford:.
I was already in your phase a month ago, now it's just a dull numb feeling, passing most of my time youtubing exhaust reviews and S550 reviews.:headbonk:

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
There must be 8.7 billion you tube videos for mustang exhausts...I reckon I have seen half of them so far...
I assume you have driven one......lucky man...
Sponsored