Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
I had them for awhile..not bad ...but make you sure you peel the sticker
Screenshot_20201028-064548_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201028-064548_Gallery.jpg
off them and paint the inside black ..they are not fully painted inside and out...as you can in this picture
Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I just don't see how they do anything other than make aero worse. Just like the little vents behind them that people are replacing that do nothing but push air thru and onto the face of the tread of the tire (sure don't seem to be for brake cooling as far as I can visually see). Plus, the price is crazy...just crazy. I'm a form must follow function guy, if it doesn't have a use other than something visual then I put it in the category of rice (race inspired cosmetic enhancement) in the vein of curb feelers, autozone fake fender vents, etc. Sorry. This stuff with zero functionality, taped onto our cars with 3M double sided sticky just are ridiculous to me.
I’m not into them either but I will say based on what you said the about the functional vents not cooling breaks. The functional bumper vents will cool the breaks when turning not going straight. Second in regards to the statement of aero Improvement by the faux capped vents I’ll almost guarantee almost no one is going fast enough where the aero is affected by faux vent caps on the pp1/2 which are silly. Ford should’ve put more R&D into the front end design to have the vents stay functional same as they are in the basic GT only with improved aero instead of taking the cheap way out which was to cap them. The better way would’ve been to give the pp1/2 its own unique bumper over the basic GT. Imho fake vents=rice.

Last edited:

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly how 150+ mph proof would you guys suppose these are? I'd hate to inadvertently eject one under/over the car at that speed. All of my cosmetic mods have to be speed proof before I give them the green light.

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Exactly how 150+ mph proof would you guys suppose these are? I'd hate to inadvertently eject one under/over the car at that speed. All of my cosmetic mods have to be speed proof before I give them the green light.
I decided to go with these from MMD ..they actually replace the stock air grill vents and bolt to the bumper cover .had the car over speeds of 130+ no issues.

20200914_194304.jpg

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to go with these from MMD ..they actually replace the stock air grill vents and bolt to the bumper cover .had the car over speeds of 130+ no issues.

20200914_194304.jpg
If they bolt on, I doubt they'll have issues at high speeds. The first ones were said to be adhesive only. Yikes.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

20200914_194304.jpg
I bought the same ones and tried installing them today. Do you have any tips for getting the stock vents off? I was able to get all four clips undone but I couldn't clear them due to the plastic bracing. I tired for two hours and it seems impossible.

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
I bought the same ones and tried installing them today. Do you have any tips for getting the stock vents off? I was able to get all four clips undone but I couldn't clear them due to the plastic bracing. I tired for two hours and it seems impossible.
I took the bumper off and then took the turn signals/fog lights out of the way .. then used a heat gun to relaxe the plastic for the clips on the stock vents.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i did it when I replaced the stock vents off for my RTR’s. The turn signals need to come off and just Bend a little without hurting them and wiggle until they clear the bracing.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
I took the bumper off and then took the turn signals/fog lights out of the way .. then used a heat gun to relaxe the plastic for the clips on the stock vents.
i did it when I replaced the stock vents off for my RTR’s. The turn signals need to come off and just Bend a little without hurting them and wiggle until they clear the bracing.
I followed the directions that came with it. Took the bumper off, the lights, and unclipped it. I just couldn't get it passed the black plastic bracing. I has afraid of breaking the plastic. It seem that is all I can do then? I will have to give it another try next week.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I followed the directions that came with it. Took the bumper off, the lights, and unclipped it. I just couldn't get it passed the black plastic bracing. I has afraid of breaking the plastic. It seem that is all I can do then? I will have to give it another try next week.
You need to wiggle the vents and bend a little. Who cares about the vents. You’re replacing them.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
You need to wiggle the vents and bend a little. Who cares about the vents. You’re replacing them.
I dont care about the vents. I'm talking about cracking the bracing attached to the bumper.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont care about the vents. I'm talking about cracking the bracing attached to the bumper.
They won’t crack. Trust me it’s very easy to get them out. You just need to maneuver them. They will come out.
Sponsored