Sponsored

Opinions on AirDesign Air Curtains for 2018+

JimInTexas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, Orange Fury, PP1, 10AT, Magneride, Active Exhaust, Safe/Smart, 401A, GT350 Black Spoiler

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
I had them..great fit and good quality

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I just don't see how they do anything other than make aero worse. Just like the little vents behind them that people are replacing that do nothing but push air thru and onto the face of the tread of the tire (sure don't seem to be for brake cooling as far as I can visually see). Plus, the price is crazy...just crazy. I'm a form must follow function guy, if it doesn't have a use other than something visual then I put it in the category of rice (race inspired cosmetic enhancement) in the vein of curb feelers, autozone fake fender vents, etc. Sorry. This stuff with zero functionality, taped onto our cars with 3M double sided sticky just are ridiculous to me.

OP
OP

JimInTexas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, Orange Fury, PP1, 10AT, Magneride, Active Exhaust, Safe/Smart, 401A, GT350 Black Spoiler
I just don't see how they do anything other than make aero worse. Just like the little vents behind them that people are replacing that do nothing but push air thru and onto the face of the tread of the tire (sure don't seem to be for brake cooling as far as I can visually see). Plus, the price is crazy...just crazy. I'm a form must follow function guy, if it doesn't have a use other than something visual then I put it in the category of rice (race inspired cosmetic enhancement) in the vein of curb feelers, autozone fake fender vents, etc. Sorry. This stuff with zero functionality, taped onto our cars with 3M double sided sticky just are ridiculous to me.
I honestly canā€™t say I disagree and was looking at this as a more subtle way of personalizing a pretty much stock GT and adding a bit more black contrast. Iā€™m also a believer of function over form.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I honestly canā€™t say I disagree and was looking at this as a more subtle way of personalizing a pretty much stock GT and adding a bit more black contrast. Iā€™m also a believer of function over form.
Obviously I'm a person willing to share strong opinions. But I also say things I know a lot of people also agree with or at least can understand. In the end, its still your ride so do what you like, not what other people like, although there is a lot to be said about a man who is willing to ask for advice on something like this, especially when they take the advice in stride and don't get offended when other people state their opinions. Have a good one! Hope your choice is easy for ya.

Sponsored

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Coming from a 2015 mustang to a new 2019 ...I was not a fan to f the new front end .. everything I didI did to the front end was for looks alone. has nothing to do with function. There's not a whole lot of cosmetic that you're going to be able to do that's going to have a cheap price tag. Also to the nice thing about these is that are easily reversible and not permanent.these work great if you wanted to add a lot of black accents to your car.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
I'm considering these, as they seem to look good and no drilling or bumper removal required. Just 3M tape. Does anyone have any experiences with these, good or bad, that they can share?
https://airdesignusa.com/2018-mustang-air-curtains-set.html
You can also find them cheaper on eBay with free shipping ..they have them in gloss black and Matt finish. My experience in having them before I removed them and decided to use the MMD style ..was that it's harder to clean the inside pockets with them .then again my car is also my daily driver.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I am gonna give the gloss black air curtains a try, I just ordered the gloss black version, so it can match better with my upper and lower gloss black grill. I guess I will get some 3M adhesion promoters so so to try prepping it better if needed. My corner pockets are PP version so they are solid anyway with no real vents. I could go for the MMD one which I do like a lot, gotta drop bumper cover and I think I want something temp for now, cause newer products could show up, first it was the Roush as only option with requirement to drill up the bumper... then air design curtain came out, the nice cheap winglet from MP, The RTR vein and now the MMD one. I still think MMD is best looking and would add some function. I guess MMD and RTR are harder to clean around than the curtain and winglet.

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sorry to revive a thread, but anybody have these and have some pics? Thinking of getting a set for my ā€˜19 and trying to decide between gloss and satin.

Also, any opinions? I like the look more than the other ones Iā€™ve seen and Iā€™m not big on drilling a bunch of holes for the Roush ones.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to revive a thread, but anybody have these and have some pics? Thinking of getting a set for my ā€˜19 and trying to decide between gloss and satin.

Also, any opinions? I like the look more than the other ones Iā€™ve seen and Iā€™m not big on drilling a bunch of holes for the Roush ones.
I sported them, but even with adhesive promoter, the lower edges started separating at high speed.

Sponsored

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
Just put them on my car a week or so ago. Went with the gloss black ones directly from Ford. They came shipped with the tape preinstalled, alcohol wipes and adhesion promoter in the box.

02S5awP.jpg

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Just put them on my car a week or so ago. Went with the gloss black ones directly from Ford. They came shipped with the tape preinstalled, alcohol wipes and adhesion promoter in the box.

02S5awP.jpg
Any issues with them holding up?

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)

02S5awP.jpg
Looks good. Can we get some more angles? Maybe one from straight on?

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase