Opinion: 2015 V6 Trade for 2015 Eco Premium

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I'm also hoping in another year my insurance premium will finally start to go down, that is honestly the only reason I have an EB instead of a GT... :(

I never looked at an EB, but is there really that much of a difference in monthly premiums?
Sponsored

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
I don't see any 051A V6's anywhere.. I think 2016 was the last MY for those options and even then doesn't seem like many of those were produced, all I see is base V6's with 17'' wheels, no fog lights and 3.31 gears.

In addition to that, I'm not eager to jump into another loan right now.. I put a hefty down so I've been in the green since day 1 but trading in now would mean losing the majority of my down, I rather keep it another year and recoup at least half on trade in value. I'm also hoping in another year my insurance premium will finally start to go down, that is honestly the only reason I have an EB instead of a GT... :(
I feel you man. Insurance is killer on the GT. I'm shooting for MY2018.. By then, I'll have a lot saved up. It will be a minor refresh I'm betting but most importantly, I'll have some cash to put down by then.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Equal mods is not the same as equal money... a GT is about 7K more than an EB new>new starting point. 1000.00 will get you an intercooler and tune on the EB good for about 50 HP and 70 lb-ft. That leave 6K for suspension, wheels, tires, etc before you even get to the GT's starting price. Where he lives in Denver, the EB is a far more compelling bargain than a GT unless he just has to have one. Where you live in the desert, sea level and really, really hot, the GT could be a better choice depending on budget. A well tuned EB is a very fun car-

If you're wanting the power, there is no better option then the 5.0L

Instead of spending the $$ to upgrade the HP/Torque on an EcoBoost (also losing your powertrain warranty in the process) just buy a good used 5.0L. Then modify the exhaust to release that beautiful V8 sound.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I never looked at an EB, but is there really that much of a difference in monthly premiums?
Well there's like a million variables that affect insurance premium.. but for me, insuring a GT would cost double what my EB cost.. as a matter of fact, my insurance premium just went up another $146 (for a total of $1437) every 6 months for absolutely no reason at all.. zero tickets, zero accidents, zero claims ( and good credit) in 11+ years of driving.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well there's like a million variables that affect insurance premium.. but for me, insuring a GT would cost double what my EB cost.. as a matter of fact, my insurance premium just went up another $146 (for a total of $1437) every 6 months for absolutely no reason at all.. zero tickets, zero accidents, zero claims ( and good credit) in 11+ years of driving.
Insurance rates are set by the loss history of a particular car model. Yes, your driving record and credit matters but if you are driving a car that has a high loss rate (accident payouts), your rates are going to go up. Simply means your fellow Mustang drivers need to stop crashing...;)

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Insurance rates are set by the loss history of a particular car model. Yes, your driving record and credit matters but if you are driving a car that has a high loss rate (accident payouts), your rates are going to go up. Simply means your fellow Mustang drivers need to stop crashing...;)
I think it's just a symptom of living in a major city with lots of stupid people... Pretty much every one I know pays more or less what I pay.. but they drive tCs, Accords and Altimas.. I have a stang.. Lol.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
If you're wanting the power, there is no better option then the 5.0L

Instead of spending the $$ to upgrade the HP/Torque on an EcoBoost (also losing your powertrain warranty in the process) just buy a good used 5.0L. Then modify the exhaust to release that beautiful V8 sound.
Some people take into consideration the entire package and not just power. The GT is an awesome car but it is not for everyone. Power alone does not make a car awesome. Balance is what makes an awesome car IMO.

The EB can obtain/surpass 5.0 power for less than a GT if that is your goal and being lighter it will out handle the GT. This may void the warranty under certain conditions but you also have the option of using FP tune which comes with a warranty. If you want power with a full warranty I agree, the GT is the way to go.

If you race your stock EB/GT you are also voiding your warranty so keep that in mind when you are doing 0-130 at the drag strip. I have read that some manufacturers are monitoring online forums and track events to identify possible offenders and deny claims based on racing behavior. Not sure if that is true or not but it gives you something to think about.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Auto
Make sure you get it on the Hwy for a bit and check for a fast high speed pulsating vibration. My brand new 16 V-6 auto has this problem and Ford is just ignoring this problem. My Dealer Service Mgr and many mechanics there all feel it and several parts have been replaced and it worse. Ford is just ignoring me and they know there is a manufacture defect. :headbonk: I am about to get a lawyer.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Make sure you get it on the Hwy for a bit and check for a fast high speed pulsating vibration. My brand new 16 V-6 auto has this problem and Ford is just ignoring this problem. My Dealer Service Mgr and many mechanics there all feel it and several parts have been replaced and it worse. Ford is just ignoring me and they know there is a manufacture defect. :headbonk: I am about to get a lawyer.
What exactly is vibrating?

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the ones they have are automatic.. My biggest regret with this car is not waiting the 8-12 weeks and ordering a Manual.. :doh:

Like I said, a year from now I will be in a more advantageous position, at that time I will weight my options, if the insurance is reasonable I will get a GT otherwise I may just trade in for something more practical.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Auto
What exactly is vibrating?
It's in the Drive line. Its a fast high speed vibration. Its very similar to a u joint going out.
I have done some google searching and have found out they have defective driveshafts and the ring gears were not machined correctly as they did not sit flush on the milling machine before they were machined. I called Ford again today and waiting for a phone call that will more than likely not happen.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Is it really that slower? The V6 has good top end power and the EB has more midrange power.. but after driving both, the EB isn't noticeably faster (stock wise). After all, aren't they both low 14 sec cars?

But the big advantage of the EB is of course, modding.
Well the EB felt fast when the turbo kicked in which I was used to because I had a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3, and it kind of reminded me of that but much faster and RWD. I guess my V6 felt slower because of how I built up speed. This is also my first NA car that had more than 4 cylinders.
With the V6 it was more a linear, smooth, and raw feel.
With the EB, the turbo kicked in and the torque really made it feel faster.

With that said I'm sure they both run similar times, I would still prefer the V6 though. It just has a much better sound and feel.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Auto