One more too loud after long tube headers thread

Dweisman429

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
16 GT...had Corsa extreme catback on it when I bought it. I really liked the sound....but then I needed headers...Lol.
I just installed some catless long tubes...and I knew it was going to be louder but damn.

I've searched and the majority say adding some resonators should tone it down some.

The issue is there isn't enough room to put much more than a tiny race bullet in the space I have. I could probably make a resonator with an 8" body length fit but it's going to be very tight.

The Corsa exhaust has the double X and I thought about cutting the first X out so I could get some longer resonators put in.

Any reason this would be a bad idea?
Sponsored

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Ditch the extremes....I had the Corsa sport with Kooks catted headers and it was obnoxious. I can only imagine the extreme with catless headers I feel for you. Some people may love it but it’s just too noisy for me. Resonators Will help but it’s not going to be enough I don’t think. And I’ve never heard of anyone cutting into the first half of a double helix pipe to add resonators, not that it can’t be done, just never heard of anyone doing it I’d drop the axle backs for something more tame if it were me. Just my opinion tho

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy went catless longtubes, xpipe, roush mufflers. Most obnoxious loudest exhaust I ever heard lol. Anyways resonators maY help. Cats will help.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Go to the Sport catback (touring axleback). It'll still be louder than the Xtreme was on stock headers but only just a bit.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I had Borla ATAK and then installed catless Kooks and it sounded like a NASCAR. I immediately put my stock catback back on and I’m 90% happy with how it sounds. It’s nice being able to semi aggressively take off from a stop light and not worry if the cop two blocks away is going to pull you over for “racing”. Thought about the magnaflow truex resonator but then I get in my car and am happy enough with it the way it is. Electric cutouts would be IDEAL.

Sponsored

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I went with a Frankenstein approach, only purchased the touring axle backs (I was desperate for the Corsa in-car volume...Sweet)

Mak Cat deletes + vibrant resonators/Magnaflow 3 inch X/added 3 inch piping to mate up the the Corsa.

Cold start is still brutal - calms down quickly

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Get the resonators. If it won't work, make it work. The beauty of an exhaust system is it can't be seen, only heard. Doesn't matter what it looks like, but just what it sounds like. Resonators F...T...W...

There isn't much decibel difference between catless and high-flow cats.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've got a Corsa Sport with Vibrant 1794's. It's still really loud but most people tell me my car is so quiet at idle that you can't tell it has headers.