Sponsored

What is this noise? AC compressor while engine is off?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Not sure when this started, but the other day I noticed this noise happening every 10 seconds or so while the engine is off? Seems to be coming from the AC compressor area.

At 4, 11, 18 and 25 seconds in the video.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glyn
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
It’s becoming self aware. This is how it all starts….. Or it thinks that it’s a dot matrix printer. In all seriousness though, I hear all kinds of whining, whirring, and buzzing noises when this car is off (I have a 2020 GT also). It just sounds like some sort of actuation motor. I’ll listen for this specific noise on mine and get back to you.

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
Mine did that a few times when the car was new. Haven't heard it in about 10 months. No clue what it was either

OP
OP
EFI

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Mine did that a few times when the car was new. Haven't heard it in about 10 months. No clue what it was either
Have you been using the AC recently? Not sure where you are located but for me it started happing just now that I started using the AC for the first time since I bought the car over the winter when I obviously did not need to use it.

Someone on the Facebook group mentioned it might be a higher than usual pressure in the compressor that is bleeding off...and I did confirm today that it doesn't happen if I don't use the AC during the drive. So it's definitely related to that, but it's good to hear that it can go away on its own.

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
I'm in Az, used it all last summer with no issues and I've used it quite a bit this year also still blows icy cold.

Sponsored

ILStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT Premium, Oxford White
Mine makes a series of high pitched whining noises after I shut it off on rare occasions also. Haven’t been able to determine what it is. I will pay attention to the A/C aspect going forward. 2020 GT A10.

OP
OP
EFI

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Mine makes a series of high pitched whining noises after I shut it off on rare occasions also. Haven’t been able to determine what it is. I will pay attention to the A/C aspect going forward. 2020 GT A10.
Same setup as my car. Mine only does using the AC on the drive and then shutting it off. Today I drove around without the AC and no noises were heard after I parked it so it's definitely related to the usage.

01Romanss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible 6 Speed PP1
Just add it to the list of Ford noises. You know, the BBQ tick, 2-3k rattle, A10 trans supercharger whining noise and now the Dot Matrix Compressor. LOL

Those are the major ones. I’ve got almost all of them and more.
Sponsored