The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
A fortnight is 3 months in dealer language :)
3 months? Come on now, it's more like 6 months and even then you're pushing your luck!

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
So my car once again sits at the docks (Zeebrugge this time) and watches the ships roll in and out. Some cars that arrived on the same boat as mine to Zeebrugge have already left on a boat to Southampton, how hard is it to monitor what car should be sailing before another and better still to move one to the front of the queue when it has been built for nearly 5 months already!!
The excitement of receiving my car has totally been ruined by all this crap and I am just pissed off with it all now.....:mad::frusty:

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
So my car once again sits at the docks (Zeebrugge this time) and watches the ships roll in and out. Some cars that arrived on the same boat as mine to Zeebrugge have already left on a boat to Southampton, how hard is it to monitor what car should be sailing before another and better still to move one to the front of the queue when it has been built for nearly 5 months already!!
The excitement of receiving my car has totally been ruined by all this crap and I am just pissed off with it all now.....:mad::frusty:
I can only imagine. I was getting fed up enough waiting and I was one of the first of us to take delivery! You are so close now and all I can say is everything negative about that whole waiting thing really does go away when you get the car. If anything, the buying experience enhances the ownership!!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This is bloody peculiar, how hard is it to see a Mustang and go, yeah that ones been there for ages maybe it's time it goes on a ship :frusty:.
Maybe the guys in the docs really love your spec and just don't want it to leave their sights.:crazy::shrug:

Sponsored

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
You said it. Tell it to the guy (me) who's car's been in Baltimore since September... :frusty:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
My heart sinks when this thread lights up... :(

Stick with it guys. The weather's sh:censored:te now anyway...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You said it. Tell it to the guy (me) who's car's been in Baltimore since September... :frusty:
Do u have a car or is it imaginary? Did flat rock lose it? if so, how do you lose a car that big, also - how has nobody from ford (Ie Andy) not seen your posts and given you a personal update on it (If he has, or someone has - appologies!), 5 months in baltimore sounds more like it's been stolen than it's waiting to get on a boat if you ask me :doh:

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Do u have a car or is it imaginary? Did flat rock lose it? if so, how do you lose a car that big, also - how has nobody from ford (Ie Andy) not seen your posts and given you a personal update on it (If he has, or someone has - appologies!), 5 months in baltimore sounds more like it's been stolen than it's waiting to get on a boat if you ask me :doh:
I get weekly updates from FoMoCo via text saying 'your car is still in Baltimore, no delivery date specified yet'. Meanwhile my dealer is spewing out false promises. It'll be here in November. It'll be here by Christmas. I'll definitely have it before the end of the year. Early January. Late January. Now it's early February.

I'm seriously considering telling them where they can stick it.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I get weekly updates from FoMoCo via text saying 'your car is still in Baltimore, no delivery date specified yet'. Meanwhile my dealer is spewing out false promises. It'll be here in November. It'll be here by Christmas. I'll definitely have it before the end of the year. Early January. Late January. Now it's early February.

I'm seriously considering telling them where they can stick it.
What reason are they giving it for still being in Baltimore, I mean it's good that you're getting updates, however, your car is built, it's ready to be shipped, why would ford not ship it is what I want to know?
How has it been left so long? Surely ford don't want 30,000+ worth of stocklying around that they could have made cash from you for :doh:

Sponsored

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
What reason are they giving it for still being in Baltimore, I mean it's good that you're getting updates, however, your car is built, it's ready to be shipped, why would ford not ship it is what I want to know?
How has it been left so long? Surely ford don't want 30,000+ worth of stocklying around that they could have made cash from you for :doh:
Yeah, I don't get that either. I have a VIN, and a window sticker, but at this point I don't believe a word anyone tells me so I don't know what's going on. I've been in touch with Deysha and she says the same thing Ford does. Been in Baltimore since September. I just don't know anymore.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I don't get that either. I have a VIN, and a window sticker, but at this point I don't believe a word anyone tells me so I don't know what's going on. I've been in touch with Deysha and she says the same thing Ford does. Been in Baltimore since September. I just don't know anymore.
That's so bloody confusing, but then again, i've come to understand that ford are confusing as well.

No vin, no window sticker, car is locked in for production, no official build date, estimated Build of early jan (Should be next week, i hope)

Yet others

Have VIN, Have window sticker, car not locked in, no official build date, no estimated build date.

Admitadley, i have to side with wha ford uk are telling me, as that's logical, in that ford US aren't used to building cars to order, so it's new to them, instead they build sh1tloads of cars and just sell them as stock, whereas all of our cars are made because we need them made like that :headbonk:.

But still, if my car had been in baltimore for that long by now i'd have just imported it myself and charged the fee's to ford.

(Also, being a big corporate company, surely ford work everything out including admin fees, your car, in time alone must now be worth north of 100k :lol:)

GregT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2nn
I reckon you should be going to the top Ford people in Sweden and asking them to sort it out. It's not good for the car to sit round on the docks like that - and they can't pretend they are doing any work on the car. These dock storage areas are vast - try looking at Port Dundalk Marine Terminal, Baltimore on Google Earth. What you have here is surely a logistical failure.

Good luck!

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Wow I can't believe guys in Australia have received their cars which were built after UK cars that are not delivered yet! :(
Sponsored