Sponsored

Oil separators / catch cans

jim05s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Mustang
Hi Guys,

I am very keen to purchase one of the 5028-98 series UPR catch cans designed for our new Mustangs, they appear really well made and seem to provide excellent performance.

However, I am concerned that it seems like the can sits on the radiator hose and that over time, through vibration etc, this hose may get damaged.

I am seeking advice from anyone who operates this unit. Is this likely, or possible and what measures have people used to prevent this?

Many thanks in advance,
James
Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Hi Guys,

I am very keen to purchase one of the 5028-98 series UPR catch cans designed for our new Mustangs, they appear really well made and seem to provide excellent performance.
If you were concerned, you could attach some rubber to the base of the separator.

However, I am concerned that it seems like the can sits on the radiator hose and that over time, through vibration etc, this hose may get damaged.

I am seeking advice from anyone who operates this unit. Is this likely, or possible and what measures have people used to prevent this?

Many thanks in advance,
James
I have one of those James, had no issues so far, it doesnt really contact the hose, the hose has a plastic cover over it anyway. It is a neat tidy oem looking install.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Hi Guys,

Many thanks in advance,
James
Hey James, I'm also running one of them and I haven't had an issue at all

jim05s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Mustang
I have one those James, had no issues so far, it doesnt really contact the hose, the hose has a plastic cover over it anyway. It is a neat tidy oem looking install.
Thanks for the feedback Bob, I also like the OEM look, it's a great feature.

Sponsored

knaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone planning on ordering the UPR catch can and willing to split the postage / do a bulk order?

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD MUSTANG GT MT MAGNETIC,RIDES YAMAHA R1
Anyone planning on ordering the UPR catch can and willing to split the postage / do a bulk order?
Hi knaps,

I am keen for a bulk order for the UPR catch can. Definitely my next mod, and essential judging by other posts!

:cheers:Rob.

dreabc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Im going to fit my UPR can sometime in the next few days. I assume its not directional. I dont see any markings indicating the flow direction.

Im also intrigued by being able to unscrew the bottom of the can, I assume this is for cleaning, im thinking that would be messy way to empty the oil. :shrug:

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Hi knaps,

I am keen for a bulk order for the UPR catch can. Definitely my next mod, and essential judging by other posts!

:cheers:Rob.
I would suggest ordering well before you need it. Seems to be a back order I have been waiting two weeks for men to ship. Only consolation is the quality looks to be excellent

Sponsored

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Hi Knaps

I also also interested to be part of group buy.

What is the cost ex freight
cheers

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Im going to fit my UPR can sometime in the next few days. I assume its not directional. I dont see any markings indicating the flow direction.

Im also intrigued by being able to unscrew the bottom of the can, I assume this is for cleaning, im thinking that would be messy way to empty the oil. :shrug:
Dreabc, the hose with the check valve in it goes towards the intake, ie after the can. That part is directional.
As to the can itself, there are no markings, but Upr say that if you install it as it is supplied with the check valve on the intake manifold side then it will be orientated correctly. Upon opening the can and looking at the flow, there is a difference in the airpath. I am going to contact Upr to ask if that makes any difference. I am sure it would be marked if it needed to be connected to the hoses in a particular direction.

ozengine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Ruby Red Convertible
Yep I want to order a EB can had one email from them, waiting for an answer to a question I asked, how do you intend to split it up at our end

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
I'd be in for a group buy of the upr. Although we haven't had a group buy work out yet on here.. It does require a fair bit of work from someone locally though obviously, so understandable.

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT

The UPR one I fitted on the weekend doesn't unscrew, it has a bolt in the bottom which you remove to drain. It's the larger one, the one that bolts onto the front of the car.

This is the one: http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-billet-plug-n-play-catch-can-separator-15-scb.html
Sponsored