Sponsored

Oil separators and false knock

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
*Note* I posted this in the general S550 forum too but I know some of you stay here.

Hey peeps I'm chasing down a potential false knock issue going on and the only thing I can think of is my JLT catch can rattling. I thought I got it to stop but after a second data log my positive knock got even worse. Anyone else experience false knock because of oil separators of JLT's style? If I'm convinced that it is indeed the separator, I'm going to go with the Ford Performance separator because it mounts directly to the valve cover and doesn't have a chance to rattle around.

I got some feedback from @honeybadger already but wanted to get a few more data points if possible.
Sponsored

dboz1983

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150, ‘20 GT350
I have the JLT passenger side catch can and have never experienced any knocking noises. Good luck

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
*Note* I posted this in the general S550 forum too but I know some of you stay here.

Hey peeps I'm chasing down a potential false knock issue going on and the only thing I can think of is my JLT catch can rattling. I thought I got it to stop but after a second data log my positive knock got even worse. Anyone else experience false knock because of oil separators of JLT's style? If I'm convinced that it is indeed the separator, I'm going to go with the Ford Performance separator because it mounts directly to the valve cover and doesn't have a chance to rattle around.

I got some feedback from @honeybadger already but wanted to get a few more data points if possible.
I have the JLT Oil separator too and haven't had the issue. I have the ones that mount to the side to its more secure.
Sponsored