Oil Separators

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
What up everyone? Where did everyone order the FP separators from? CJ pony seems to have both driver and passenger side, Steeda's website seems to only offer one. Just wondering do I need both and where did everyone order from? Also, I see on Steeda's website they are not legal in CA? Is that true? To help the longevity of my engine isn't legal in CA? Stupid :headbonk:

Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Blame the bureaucratic crap show that is the California Air Resources Board. Most things that modify the intake tract or exhaust before and including the cats that are not certified are illegal.

OP
OP
live2ride90

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
CJ Pony's website does not say anything about CA legal so not sure if they are or not. 2 websites, 2 different things. Kind of confusing.

Sponsored

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
I have been communicating with Bob's on the status of their driver's side separator. Should be available soon. This is a great piece that you can drain without taking apart. Ford used this design on their track tour cars last year. I expect to have them installed within a couple weeks and will post impressions.

Last edited:

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I think if you will read the CARB rules, you may find they are legal. I also think the factory ones look so factory that no one will spot them. I got mine at Auto Nation White Bear Lake.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I got mine from White Bear Lake too and I agree with barstowpo. They look so OEM that it shouldn't be a problem. And I think I remember reading that since the system is still closed, it's perfectly California legal as nothing extra vents into the atmosphere.

mrdci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, Raptor SCrew, '17 GT350R HR083, E39 Dinan M5
I got mine thrown in on my order to offset the taxes on the ADM.

OP
OP
live2ride90

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I got mine from White Bear Lake too and I agree with barstowpo. They look so OEM that it shouldn't be a problem. And I think I remember reading that since the system is still closed, it's perfectly California legal as nothing extra vents into the atmosphere.
Thanks man, how about them Sharks last night, killed it!

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Hellllllllll yeah! Both teams in the Conference Finals! It's gonna be a stressful week coming up. Different game every day.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Blame the bureaucratic crap show that is the California Air Resources Board. Most things that modify the intake tract or exhaust before and including the cats that are not certified are illegal.
Page 2, down at the bottom under "other." Oil separators do not need an exemption number and are legal provided everything is hooked up properly.

https://www.bar.ca.gov/pdf/APPENDIX G final 12-2009.pdf
Sponsored