Sponsored

Oil Separator Doesn't Quite Fit!!!

jabela

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Mustang
I went to install the J&L 3.0 Oil Sperator but ran into a little problem. I have to the Ford Performance Tune (M-9603-M8B) with the GT350 throttle body and spacer alignment it is very difficult to get the PCV pipping in there. I was able to attach it but the PCV pipping is sitting right on top pushing down on the throttle body electrical connection. I would be worried that the pressure against it might cause damage. Does anyone know of a kit that could help relocate it away?
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Use the passenger side one?

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I was reading that the passenger side collects more. Only really need driver side if you track the car. Was reading in other forums.
Oh I didn’t know that… was it mostly peoples opinions or data on collection from the manufacturer, etc?

Sponsored

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Oh I didn’t know that… was it mostly peoples opinions or data on collection from the manufacturer, etc?
I know somebody who works for Ford SVT and can ask the Mustang team questions... And they said the same thing. Passenger side is ok if you want, driver's side isn't needed unless you're on a track.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I know somebody who works for Ford SVT and can ask the Mustang team questions... And they said the same thing. Passenger side is ok if you want, driver's side isn't needed unless you're on a track.
Good to know. I wonder if the passenger side is better for both applications or only an improvement for street…

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Good to know. I wonder if the passenger side is better for both applications or only an improvement for street…
Passenger side is helpful on a daily driver, but a driver's side can won't see anything unless you're really pushing hard. So my assumption is that if your on a track you need both, but for street the driver's side is a potential waste of money. It won't hurt anything, but probably won't catch much either.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Passenger side is helpful on a daily driver, but a driver's side can won't see anything unless you're really pushing hard. So my assumption is that if your on a track you need both, but for street the driver's side is a potential waste of money. It won't hurt anything, but probably won't catch much either.
I have a driver side and the first 1k miles were only street, it caught about a half a can. Of course, that isn’t daily driver kind of driving…

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Never seen even a drop in my right side catch can. (Passenger side in rhd)

I ended up swapping my Ford Performance catch can (GT350 IM, TB), because of spacing issues with the Mishimoto coolant reservoir to the Mishimoto catch can, as it relocates it to the radiator mount.
Sponsored