Oil pressure sensor--what size socket?

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
For those of you fixing your own sensor issue, what size socket did you use? Was it just a normal deep well? extra long? O2 sensor socket?

Thanks
Sponsored

Niteghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT
For those of you fixing your own sensor issue, what size socket did you use? Was it just a normal deep well? extra long? O2 sensor socket?

Thanks
What size did you end up using? I have a 1-1 1/6” OPS socket but it’s a hair too small. I got a 1 1/8” deep socket and it’s too big. I got a 2017 GT. the next socket I buy needs to be the right one 😩

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Thanks
I just posted this in another thread last night - LOL. It should help;

https://www.lislecorp.com/specialty-tools/13900-oil-pressure-switch-socket-for-ford

The oil psi sensor should be 13/16”.

Usually the local parts stores sell Lisle tools. Also Auto Zone or Advance Auto may have an oil psi socket for rent too… ask them, as they both rent out a variety of tools.

Niteghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT
I just posted this in another thread last night - LOL. It should help;

https://www.lislecorp.com/specialty-tools/13900-oil-pressure-switch-socket-for-ford

The oil psi sensor should be 13/16”.

Usually the local parts stores sell Lisle tools. Also Auto Zone or Advance Auto may have an oil psi socket for rent too… ask them, as they both rent out a variety of tools.
I went a bought a OEM oil pressure switch socket that’s supposed to fit 1 - 1-1/16 but it was a hair too small. I managed to get it off with a plane ole 1 1/8 deep socket and back on and fell like it tight. It was barely finger tight when I got it off. I’m gonna order one of the lisle you posted for the hell of it.
Sponsored