OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Guess who is back in business 😁😁 car is ready to go to Tx2K valve covers were the issues, found out the issue which i was unaware of which is my fault.
Catch can to my boosted car is routed valve cover - can - valve cover but it was blocked off at the top and was causing pressure and so valve cover went up and caused the leak because of the pressure..

Jstoy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT pp
I too am a member of the leaky valve cover gasket club (Only the left cover is leaking, I guess I lucked out!). I am following the steps outlined in the TSB. Any idea on how to detach the wiring harness around the valve cover? Any secret tricks? Looked around, but nothing jumped out. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I too am a member of the leaky valve cover gasket club (Only the left cover is leaking, I guess I lucked out!). I am following the steps outlined in the TSB. Any idea on how to detach the wiring harness around the valve cover? Any secret tricks? Looked around, but nothing jumped out. Thanks in advance!
i know many people retightened the bolts, i just decided to do fresh gasket im pretty sure you can remove the valve cover without moving the wires,unless your setup is different, bare with me and i can find the procedure for you

Sponsored

Jstoy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT pp
OP
OP
BBW P1X

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
The place where I am seeing the leak is in the area where the valve cover gasket is missing one of the screws (the bottom left one). I was planning on pulling the cover completely off and drilling holes (after saying a few prayers), and replacing the gasket and putting it all back together.
well mine hasnt had any issues where its meant to have the additional holes, i just told the shop to leave it alone but yeah, and just make sure you torque to proper spec because these will snap if you overtorque

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I see someone has already posted the valve cover tsb. I haven't had to do mine but it should be an easy fix. I believe the holes are already drilled and tapped in the head. Just gotta punch the holes out in the valve cover itself.

Sponsored

Jstoy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT pp
No bolt hole not there has to be drilled out.
Are you saying that you need to tap the block? I did not get that impression when I read the TSB. I was under the impression that I would only have to drill the hole in the valve cover.

Last edited:

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Are you saying that you need to tap the block? I did not get that impression when I read the TSB. I was under the impression that I would only have to drill the hole in the valve cover.
No I was meaning you have to drill valve cover and bolt hole already in cyl head