Sponsored

Warning, valve cover gaskets

Livnpaintball2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GTPP
So I bought the oil pump change gasket kit from ford when I did my pump and gear. Changed all the gaskets and put it all together. When I installed the valve cover gaskets I thought it was fitting odd but ignored it. So few miles down the road the valve cover was leaking a little bit, out comes the socket and tighten up the bolts! Better but still leaks! So I said WTH and went to the dealer to get the $18 gasket. To my surprise the gasket was $106, one valve cover gasket.

For my 2016 they used a different valve cover than what's on the earlier coyotes. SO all theses places selling valve cover gaskets for 2011-2016 coyotes are bullshit, they do not fit!!! JERKS!!!!!!

Thanks FORD!
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Doesn't seem right. Valve covers should be BR3Z-6584-D
BR3Z-6584-A the same from 11-17 for the GT, most should be is between 25-35 for a set. One hell of a dealer markup.

OP
OP

Livnpaintball2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GTPP
Negative, 2016 valve cover gasket is ER3Z-6584-B/A. In fact it's cheaper to buy the 2014 valve cover and swap them out than replacing just the gasket on the 16 model.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I guess Ford had to come out with some kind of way to charge more I wonder why they decided to make it wider the old previous ones didn't seem to be too much of a weak point as in they didn't leak too much

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I'm curious, doing my OPG soon and pretty sure I have to remove the valve covers to get the timing cover off. So being that my '16 only has a few thousand miles on it, I am wondering if I can re-use the original valve cover gaskets? I know on some vehicles certain gaskets are re-useable, wondering about these. Or are valve covers a place where it's always safer to buy ones gaskets as nobody likes an oil leak. If I recall my Jeep has re-useable ones, so thought I'd ask.

Also curious if anyone remembers that the bolt head size for the covers. I'm sure thinking of buying one of those swivel socket sets. Seems all the other bolts are metric, can anyone confirm. Heck I don't think I've heard of anything SAE fasteners, guessing the whole car is metric?

Thanks for any insight.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
No gaskets are needed at all for the job. They are all reusable.