Oil consumption / risk of damage

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Another good note here is, always check the oil level after a change, as soon as you get somewhere and it sits a bit.
Sponsored

willieT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2021 Lexus RX350, 2016 4runner
My 2015 GT pp used a quart or two the first 7 or 8 thousand miles. After that it settled down and didn’t use any between changes.(5000 miles). My 2022 Mach 1 I have now has 3500 miles and it is still right at the top and not using any. Like some others have said I wouldn’t worry about it to much if your below 15,000 miles. Just keep an eye on it and top it off when it needs some.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer changed it and it says 10 quarts on the invoice. But it may still be, thanks for the hint.
My first 2 oil changes they only put in 8 qts, although the invoice on both read 10 qts.

A coniption was had on the second one, and found out the Trans was 2 Quarts low on fluid too. Dealer prep was half assed.

I think the story came out that FoMoCo was shipping everything with a gallon less fluid, 8.5+ lbs times a million vehicles is a forkton of savings in shipping costs.

Your mileage/opinion may vary.

Edit to say: Mine used about a half quart for the first 3-4000 miles and has lightened up to about 1/4 to half qt every 5k or so, for the last two oil changes, it has 20k miles on it.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I hope so. But still wondering if 8 quarts are enough as I drove for 5k miles.
Tech could have certainly messed up and only put 8 qts in as they don't bill out the oil and the parts dept does that.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
We checked our papers from an oil change at the dealer (not my Mustang, I do those myself) and they put in (and charged us for) 8 qt. But the engine only takes 5.8 qt. I called the dealer and asked for an explanation but all they would do is reimburse the difference.
This is a luxury German car that starts with M so you might expect better service but no (John Belushi.. "but NOOOoooooo...").
The (im)moral of the story is never trust the bastidges, check everything yourself!

The M car doesn't even have a dipstick, just an electronic oil level monitor. :( It will be out of warranty next time and I will change the oil and bill myself for 8 qt. ;)

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
If there had been any potential to damage anything, your oil pressure light would have been flashing at you.

Relax, you're fine.
Sponsored