Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Very almost worked out, USB, and the right 2 switches didn't work..
Mode works for me

Edit:
Internet speed with it tethered to a different phone seems ok. It would be nice if it could connect to the house one though.

Are any of the camera inputs usable with apps? So we could record etc?

I assume I should update to Stangatx Rom?

I had an app say it couldnt install because it couldnt write to storage has anyone seen this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
How do you get the red start button?
If you search my username on this thread you'll see I installed LED strips and used transparent film paper to create the different colored buttons.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
What should the 3rd and 4th button do?

the 4th toggles modes on my radio. The 3rd does nothing.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
The steering wheel button should adjust your steering feel (normal, comfort, sport). The mode button will toggle MAX AC, unless you enable drive modes using forscan. Then it'll toggle the drive mode and AC at the same time.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The steering wheel button should adjust your steering feel (normal, comfort, sport). The mode button will toggle MAX AC, unless you enable drive modes using forscan. Then it'll toggle the drive mode and AC at the same time.
Gotcha. It doesnt toggle max AC for me, just the radio modes. Drive modes would be nice ill have to look into forscan. And steering feel does nothing ok. Thanks!

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I started the install in my GT350 so far so good.

Early observations
The wifi strength is weak, it wont pick up thehouse wifi my phone will while in the car.
Tethered internet speed is very slow despite having a good connection
The button with the steering wheel doesnt seem to do anything.

Where does everyone put the GPS antenna? .
This was covered earlier. The GPS antenna is usually put under the cover of the middle section of the dash. (It pops off)

WiFi reception greatly improves with the addition of a cable extension to put it higher in the dash as well.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
This was covered earlier. The GPS antenna is usually put under the cover of the middle section of the dash. (It pops off)

WiFi reception greatly improves with the addition of a cable extension to put it higher in the dash as well.
Thanks I saw that on the second page after I asked. The unit has 2 antennas one is GPS one is radio. Which one are you extending?

Ill search the thread for the word extension.

edit* Looks like the GEN2 has the antenna integrated.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I'm about to start another group buy of at least 5 ppl. I'm doing this for a friend and to lower the cost. Anyone interested? If not, it's fine. I'll just order 1 unit.

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
I'm about to start another group buy of at least 5 ppl. I'm doing this for a friend and to lower the cost. Anyone interested? If not, it's fine. I'll just order 1 unit.
I might be interested, let me know if you get more people (and the price shipped).

Sponsored

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
[MENTION=24909]usgiorgi[/MENTION] said he'd be interested a couple of pages back. You're still in bro?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
List of Group buy:

@Pesti13nce : Waiting on confirmation...
@Prowl647 : Waiting on confirmation...
@usgiorgi : Waiting on confirmation...
@Fray_s550 :
Confirmed

It seems that we only need one more and I should get y'all the same price as the other group buy.

Last edited:

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
I kind of skimmed through the thread a while back. What are the issues with this unit now? I have a base model auto 16 that I installed the Moddiction unit in. I love the idea of the huge screen and I'm interested. Is there any benefits with this unit compared to the one I have? Thanks!

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I kind of skimmed through the thread a while back. What are the issues with this unit now? I have a base model auto 16 that I installed the Moddiction unit in. I love the idea of the huge screen and I'm interested. Is there any benefits with this unit compared to the one I have? Thanks!
I'm coming from the same kinda unit you have. You're running a WinCE system which is really limited. This HU is pretty much like a tablet that you're using at home. You can have OBD app working with it. (I was working on my car this Friday and I got a DTC. I didn't have to reach for my laptop and cable. I just used my WiFi OBDLink and used an app called Torque. I was able to clear it withing a minute). I really like the idea of being able to mod everything the way I want it. Your imagination is you're own limit :D. So far I'm working on a prototype that can run multiple gauges. We've ironed a couple of Engrish so far. Also, one plus is that you'll have the 4th toggle switch (Which you can enable "Drive Mode" with Forscan and it'll wake up your car lol). I could write a lot about this unit.:headbonk: I'm working on redesigning the Radio app and AC app as well. Let me know if you wanna be added to the list:thumbsup:
Sponsored