Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
Nothing really "within walking" but many of the local hotels have a shuttle. I'm driving down in May and staying a a place a bit cheaper than reco hotel, but I'll have my own wheels.
Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Anyone attending 3/16 and staying at the embassy suites? Would love to meet up for the free drinks night before!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Anyone attending 3/16 and staying at the embassy suites? Would love to meet up for the free drinks night before!
Whatā€™s with the free drinks the night before?
All I got was the reception the night before is cancelled.
Iā€˜m going exactly one week later.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Whatā€™s with the free drinks the night before?
All I got was the reception the night before is cancelled.
Iā€˜m going exactly one week later.
The embassy suits have free drinks between 530-730 every night (beer and wine)

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
So whereā€™s the best BBQ restaurant in Charlotte/Concord?
Coming from So. Cal. this Monday.

Last edited:

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
So whereā€™s the best BBQ restaurant in Charlotte/Concord?
Coming from So. Cal. this Monday.
I ordered from Jim N Nick's down the street from the Embassy suits. Wasn't bad, very good chopped pork. Get the Habanero BBQ sauce with it

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Now we're talkin'
I love me some smoked swine!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Midwood Smokehouse is really a great Charlotte BBQ place...!!!!
Holy cow, I just looked at their menu. Iā€™ve got reverse sticker shock. Used to So Cal prices.
Iā€˜ll probably go there after class. My flight doesnā€™t leave until 11am the following day.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Holy cow, I just looked at their menu. Iā€™ve got reverse sticker shock. Used to So Cal prices.
Iā€˜ll probably go there after class. My flight doesnā€™t leave until 11am the following day.
Enjoy...!!!!

alan0614

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford/Blue
Midwood rocks.

Enduro Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT PP (RIP)
Belated hello to everyone who was at the wet'n'wild March 16 track attack! I think I was the only guy from Canada, and I was driving the #3 Orange Fury. Some thoughts about the event:

-It would've been nice to meet other attendees properly at a pre-event reception. On the day of, there wasn't much time for chatting, unfortunately.
-I had a lot of fun, despite the rain and the cold. I would love to run the Charlotte Roval at full speed in the dry.
-The biggest thrills of the day were 1) Going on the banking for the first time--I've never driven an oval before, and 2) Going on the banking at full-tilt while riding with one of the instructors. I am hooked on the Gs.
-Biggest problems of the day: Glitchy Race Keeper and radio. Make sure you don't get bad equipment.
-I honestly didn't learn all that much. How much can you really expect to get out of a few hours?
-I stayed at the recommended hotel and its front desk was severely undermanned on check-in.
- +1 for Midwood Smokehouse. I had their Brisket Burnt Ends and nearly collapsed.

One good thing about the rain? Terrific shots from the official photographer:

z4TR_1458.jpg

Last edited:

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Belated hello to everyone who was at the wet'n'wild March 16 track attack! I think I was the only guy from Canada, and I was driving the #3 Orange Fury. Some thoughts about the event:

-It would've been nice to meet other attendees properly at a pre-event reception. On the day of, there wasn't much time for chatting, unfortunately.
-I had a lot of fun, despite the rain and the cold. I would love to run the Charlotte Roval at full speed in the dry.
-The biggest thrills of the day were 1) Going on the banking for the first time--I've never driven an oval before, and 2) Going on the banking at full-tilt while riding with one of the instructors. I am hooked on the Gs.
-Biggest problems of the day: Glitchy Race Keeper and radio. Make sure you don't get bad equipment.
-I honestly didn't learn all that much. How much can you really expect to get out of a few hours?
-I stayed at the recommended hotel and its front desk was severely undermanned on check-in.
- +1 for Midwood Smokehouse. I had their Brisket Burnt Ends and nearly collapsed.

One good thing about the rain? Terrific shots from the official photographer:

z4TR_1458.jpg
I was there as well! Rain really put a damper on things. I wish we got to run I the dry.
I stayed at the same hotel, and agree. Service is absolutely terrible, but free beer every night almost makes up for it.
im not sure if I heard right when I was there, but someone ā€œkissed the wallā€ I heard?

Enduro Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT PP (RIP)
I was there as well! Rain really put a damper on things. I wish we got to run I the dry.
I stayed at the same hotel, and agree. Service is absolutely terrible, but free beer every night almost makes up for it.
im not sure if I heard right when I was there, but someone ā€œkissed the wallā€ I heard?
Are you the R from OC? Nice talking to you, if so!

Yes, they called us in early on the first proper lead-follow session. I spent an entire lap with my flashers on, trying to let the instructor know that my radio wasnā€™t working. I thought weā€™d pulled into the pits because of me, but another instructor said that someone had ended up against the wall. Never saw anything, and Iā€™m curious to know where it happened.
Sponsored