Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Agree that you'll be fine. During the lead/follow session the instructor will adjust speed to the slowest driver so you'll be ok. Also the other students will stay inline.
Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I attended the 5/4 class and everyone has pretty much covered everything. Its not a race. Its to learn. It was my first time on a road course and it definitely showed in the morning. As I got more comfortable and remembered the track I definitely picked it up in the afternoon. The instructors I had were absolutely great and it was a wonderful day and I learned so much in a short time.

Almost want to get a 2017 so I can do it again

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I'm attending on May 25/26 and I'm a little apprehensive as I don't have any track time. When I drove during the GT350 track tour I think I was the slowest out there! Any advice from you guys that have done the track attack?
The instructors are not there to pressure you to not be the slowest person there. They want you to drive at your comfort level. It's up to you to relax and try and push yourself a little bit but nobody is scouting talent here so don't be ashamed to be "the slow guy". Just have a good time.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The instructors are not there to pressure you to not be the slowest person there. They want you to drive at your comfort level. It's up to you to relax and try and push yourself a little bit but nobody is scouting talent here so don't be ashamed to be "the slow guy". Just have a good time.
I agree with all that. However for anyone attending in the future, this will probably be your last chance to push the car like this again without tracking your own car.

Buy the insurance and pay close attention to the instructors. Push the car hard and learn after each track session. By the end of the day, you will have it down and it will be time to go home. Then it will be just a memory.

You will be surprised how far you can push the car. Learn the lines the instructors teach and push it. The super sports talk to you (unlike those damn racing slicks) and they will let you know when they are about to give up. If the tires aren't chirping, then you are nowhere near the capabilities of the car. IIRC, it was an out and out screech before the tires were going to let go.

have fun!

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Remember the insurance has a $5000 deductible. Ask me how I know.

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
I have an $800 wheel trophy as a testament to my exuberance. I didn't spin though.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have an $800 wheel trophy as a testament to my exuberance. I didn't spin though.
OK, I'll bite. So you didn't spin. You are out a wheel? Just curious.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Fixed it.
Steve, You are a funny guy. :D

Why would I track my own car when I can track someone else's for $800? AND get a trophy to boot? Hell, day two cost me over 2 grand in the Boss.

If I could go back tomorrow, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd pay the insurance and drive the car like I stole it (again). :cheers:

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I would, too. But here's my point, now that I've been bitten I feel the need to track SOMETHING. Prior to the Track Attack I didn't have much interest in it. Once you go track attack you never go back.

A buddy of mine wants to go in on a spec miata, but now that I've experienced a GT350 on the track I'm not sure that will cut it. :)

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You said to ask, and we did. Don't beat around the bush and be coy.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I would, too. But here's my point, now that I've been bitten I feel the need to track SOMETHING. Prior to the Track Attack I didn't have much interest in it. Once you go track attack you never go back.

A buddy of mine wants to go in on a spec miata, but now that I've experienced a GT350 on the track I'm not sure that will cut it. :)
Agreed. The force is strong with this one. I'm tempted as well and it doesn't help that I have a few friends who are trying to push me in that direction. Bottom line, instead of trashing my car, I'd rather arrive and drive and pay up front for the associated expenses.

When I was in Tooele, I asked the folks out there if they will ever offer the GT350's on a rental basis after the track attack program was over. I was told NO. I don't know about you, but I would pay, just like I did for the Boss, to track the GT350 on a per diem basis.

I like my car the way it is (perfect). Track the car a lot, and it will get beat up real fast. A lot of people on the forum here have money to burn and dropping 60 grand (or more) for a track car is like you and me going out to buy a cheeseburger. However, I will probably cave down the road and occasionally track it here and there. We will see about that.

I do share in your sentiment though and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. So much that I want to do it again, but preferably on an arrive and drive basis.

So back to the point, $800 is still a pretty good deal to track the GT350 for a day and get a wheel trophy. All I got was a DIB metal trophy and a certificate. :cheers:

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
Got all four wheels off track and curb rashed a Forgeline on the rumble strips.
Sponsored