2016 Mustang GT Auto

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
In real terms, my 18 Magnetic Auto GT (discounting the Magneride option which my 16 certainly did not have, I’m also getting) is about £5,500 more the my 16 (taking two years of inflation and cost of initial vehicle tax increase of £1,100).
I guess the question is, is the improved engine, additions such as active exhaust, working DRLs, digital gauge cluster, added safety systems, possibly improved handling components (not sure this actually exists etc, etc, etc worth this addition.

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
If the MY18 Mustang was still around 35k I would most likely order one and keep my current cars.

But now also considering selling my Elise/Jeep and perhaps looking at new Exige/F-type/Porsche

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
The 17 Mustang GT was 38K (with no options) in May. You are more than 1 year too late to sell up to get near 35K, and if you bought before April 17 your VED is £535 I think.
One plus point for MY15-17 owners the new price list has to have a positive effect on residuals for the S550.1

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
The cheapest price in 2015 for a GT was 33K. The cheapest price in 2018 for a GT is 41K. Where is this 50K coming from?
33k, what you could have had an iconic V8 for in 2015
50k, what you could potentially option the latest version for in 2017.

They don't compare and i'm not trying to. Just saying imo the first is a bargain and the second is venturing into territory it may struggle in.

I've said too much already so i'm going to shut up. It'll be a great car. It'll be a Mustang :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I would like to say that with these increased prices, Ford USA need to sort their quality issues out. I have a Focus RS which is perfect as far as build quality goes, and a 2017 GT which is, well, rubbish in comparison.

You all know about the door issues I had with my car, but I thought to myself,"Well, it's a bargain V8 coupe", so let the dealer repair it. My paint has grit in it, the trim doesn't fit correctly and the boot lid doesn't fit. I know of at least four other cars with body related issues, then there's the oil cooler and puddle light problems. The bargain Mustang days are gone. It's not a bargain anymore. We all know the quality of the Mustang is not good and the dealer back up is not good. If I were contemplating circa 50k for a big coupe, I'd want better quality and dealer back up.

Having said that, it would appear that pretty much all dealer networks are pretty crap in terms of after sales these days?

Just my 2p guys, please don't scorn me for my opinion.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
no they are not
You got it dirt cheap last time, as they were testing the water, and you want it dirt cheap this time, was never going to happen
if you want a Fully Loaded GT look at importing from Canada, will work out a lot cheaper
Sorted !!:cheers:
Whether they like it or not they are pitched in a different bracket. My GT Vert auto was £40,300 at 2015 prices. By 2017 it is just under £45k. MY18? Well no one seems to have a price for the vert but it will be £50k plus options for a GT Vert auto. I bought mine because it ticked so many lifetime boxes but that’s a limited market. They will be compared to Audi, BMW, Merc etc in the £50k+ bracket even though the opposition is still more expensive and the MY18 is better finished as it gets the premium leather we should have had. We could live with the foibles at the price we paid but exploding oil coolers wears a bit thin the more you pay.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
I would like to say that with these increased prices, Ford USA need to sort their quality issues out. I have a Focus RS which is perfect as far as build quality goes, and a 2017 GT which is, well, rubbish in comparison.

You all know about the door issues I had with my car, but I thought to myself,"Well, it's a bargain V8 coupe", so let the dealer repair it. My paint has grit in it, the trim doesn't fit correctly and the boot lid doesn't fit. I know of at least four other cars with body related issues, then there's the oil cooler and puddle light problems. The bargain Mustang days are gone. It's not a bargain anymore. We all know the quality of the Mustang is not good and the dealer back up is not good. If I were contemplating circa 50k for a big coupe, I'd want better quality and dealer back up.
^ This. Which is why I'm waiting for demonstrators. Fully optioned manual GT is more or less exactly what I expected, I think I was working on £45 to 47k. That is A LOT of money, so completely agree with the above and Gibbo's PS. Do we know if showroom demonstrators will be available any time soon?

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

Having said that, it would appear that pretty much all dealer networks are pretty crap in terms of after sales these days?

Just my 2p guys, please don't scorn me for my opinion.

Nope agreed, Ford want to play with the big boys, fine just make sure they quality and service is up there too.

If mine has panel gaps I am gonna be Fords worse nightmare! Last time I let them get away with near two months repairing the thing due to waiting for parts, that kind of stuff happens again I am just gonna start doing like all the others and vlogging how crap it is. :D

Seriously hope the panels come straight on 18's and not wonky!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Granted I am a little prone to exaggeration for effect...but what i'm trying to say, much as others have, is that at £33k it was a bargain and at nearly £50k its not. The whole "ah, but its a Mustang" argument carries less weight. I get that we're getting so much more for the extra money but Ford are moving out of the car's traditional market and more towards the premium marques which unless they've improved build and reliability issues it just isn't.
It'll be a great car but if I went for it, for every issue it had I'd be thinking should I have stuck with what I had.
All that said it's only three grand more than the car it replaces and it has so much more than that in improvements so the new pricing is hardly unexpected.
Just imo.
Yes, I see your point

Sponsored

jasonlycett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f typ V8S, Ford GT40 (Superformance)
You drove it on a track man, super smooth and Silverstone, a track surface offers up way more grip than a road with cambers, bumps. When I drove one on the road (dry) I was struggling to get the power down.

I've driven it on the road and I found the V8 was simply over powering the chassis in the dry, yes the traction systems will keep it in check but the car should not need constant TC management to keep the power down and yes I could be less heavy footed but sometimes its nice to just go wide open throttle and just shoot off like a missle and not be robbed power or have constant wheelspin.
you obviousley havent driven many cars with nearly 500ft/lb torque on bumpy british roads! if you can find a tyre that can cope with that without spinning then im sure the boffins at michelin would like to know! Traction control is very necessary if you want to just put your foot to the floor with that sort of power, thats torque GT3 owners can only dream of so its no comparison. Tyre technology isnt there yet! Ive driven many fine handling cars including my GT40, my old Noble M12 and numerous sevens, but for a heavy old beast the handling balance is fantastic. An opinion from an owner of many thousands of miles behind the wheel of one. And yes the 4 wheel drive does put the power down better and safer for the masses, but for the those of us that are more experienced the 2WD is considerably more fun!

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
You drove it on a track man, super smooth and Silverstone, a track surface offers up way more grip than a road with cambers, bumps. When I drove one on the road (dry) I was struggling to get the power down.

I've driven it on the road and I found the V8 was simply over powering the chassis in the dry, yes the traction systems will keep it in check but the car should not need constant TC management to keep the power down and yes I could be less heavy footed but sometimes its nice to just go wide open throttle and just shoot off like a missle and not be robbed power or have constant wheelspin.
you obviousley havent driven many cars with nearly 500ft/lb torque on bumpy british roads! if you can find a tyre that can cope with that without spinning then im sure the boffins at michelin would like to know! Traction control is very necessary if you want to just put your foot to the floor with that sort of power, thats torque GT3 owners can only dream of so its no comparison. Tyre technology isnt there yet! Ive driven many fine handling cars including my GT40, my old Noble M12 and numerous sevens, but for a heavy old beast the handling balance is fantastic. An opinion from an owner of many thousands of miles behind the wheel of one. And yes the 4 wheel drive does put the power down better and safer for the masses, but for the those of us that are more experienced the 2WD is considerably more fun!

My last Mustang was 575HP and 510lb/ft, live axle, RWD with no traction systems, guess what in the dry it put the power down damn well and that was on Pzero, owned it for 4 years, drove it all over the country as a daily all year round so I've got the experience of 500lb/ft. Though it was a 5 speed manual with rather long legged gears, but they suited it fine with the blower strapped on and deploying it all out of bends in 2nd gear it did it great if the road was smooth, hit a bump however with live axle could be entertaining for sure. Though its power development was linear right upto 6800rpm and torque curve pretty flat with no low down peaks which all helped along with the long gearing with making the power able to put down 2nd gear onwards.

I will re-visit the F-Type but my experience was not particular great at deploying its power but shall re-visit. I know of the guys who works in development at Jaguar and when I discussed my test drive experience with him he explained the eDiff variable torque split in the F-type is better suited to the V6S and that wheelspin or TC cutting in is a regular thing on the V8 particular with bumps or mild steering lock is just the cars rear axle.

But will give one another go, as the first M5 I drove was lighting up the rears over bumps, it was on factory Pzero. I then drove the very same car (friend) after he fitted Michelins and the difference was insane, it went from blowing the tyres off to deploying the power really well from tyre change and that M5 had loads of torque being a 4.4l twin turbo, though admittedly I suspect an M5 weighs a good chunk more than the Jag.

Need to have another go, driving around in this Golf is making me forget how to drive I think, just point it and go.

Last edited:

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
no they are not
You got it dirt cheap last time, as they were testing the water, and you want it dirt cheap this time, was never going to happen
if you want a Fully Loaded GT look at importing from Canada, will work out a lot cheaper
Sorted !!:cheers:
I don’t think it will at moment just had a quote for a base model GT Auto £43000

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Ford 2018 UK Mustang Pricing - Now Official!

EB M6 Coupe: £35,995
EB A10 Coupe: £37,595

V8 M6 Coupe: £41,095
V8 A10 Coupe: £43,095

This confirms the lease pricing which was leaked. :)

Official option pricing

- Custom Pack 1 & 2: £1495
- Custom Pack 3 & 4 (forged wheels): £2295
- Recaro Seats: £1795 (£1400 if custom pack selected)
- Orange Fury / Triple Yellow paint: £795
- Magnetic Ride: £1600
- Black painted roof: £500
- Forged wheels: £795
- Spoiler: £350 (cannot be ordered until January)

I changed to custom pack 2, to me the forged wheels are not worth £700 extra, as such my car total cost is £48,885 so essentially 50k for a Ford, puts it right into BMW M2 territory, Audi RS3, TT RS, A45 AMG, but its a unique car, with a V8 and looks flipping amazing compared to the European stuff on the road in similar price category.

Where can I find these prices cheers

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Do we know if showroom demonstrators will be available any time soon?
Not before April. The first LHD EU spec cars will be built in January. Not sure if they will produce RHD right away as well, although it would be weird if they didn't considering the size of the UK market.
Sponsored

Last edited: