Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I know the 2017 model doesn't have any issues with the AC evaporator....

I got a late run '16. So far mine blows cold as a witches titty. I hope they made a change mid run. I doubt it, but there is hope.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I wouldn't come to that concision so fast. Ford is STILL changing the part number of the AC evaporator as I type this post.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I wouldn't come to that concision so fast. Ford is STILL changing the part number of the AC evaporator as I type this post.
On the replacement end right?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
On the replacement end right?
Yes, and my logic is if they are still changing the evaporator P/N right now, then why would 2017s have the latest part that is reliable? 2017 production is basically over in the next month or so.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm sure I read about one being replaced in a 2017 in these forums.

Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
now the heartbreak time boys

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
Don't believe everything you read... the 2018 Taurus (listed below Mustang) has no major changes planned and same engine choices (except the 2.0T deleted) per the official order guide.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Was about to post the same thing ;-) It has an asterisk though for which I see no explanation so it might their guess.
The asterisk is at the bottom left - looks like it is showing the 0-60 numbers.

The blurb talks about how a GT500 could appear in 2018, yet they have numbers for it?

Could be truth, but feels like there is some speculation there - seems odd they would have numbers when no one else appears to. I wonder what magazine this is and where they got their numbers.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
The asterisk is at the bottom left - looks like it is showing the 0-60 numbers.

The blurb talks about how a GT500 could appear in 2018, yet they have numbers for it?

Could be truth, but feels like there is some speculation there - seems odd they would have numbers when no one else appears to. I wonder what magazine this is and where they got their numbers.
Easy, they pulled them out of where the sun don't shine. :) That is obviously an estimate that their editors came up with.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Quite literally everything quantitative is coming out of their...

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
65,000$ better be for a GT500
An R can reach 69K fully loaded.

I am very interested to see where a GT will end up with every single option. We have quite a few more options with a slight increase in MSRP.

TC_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So - not trying to get lit up for being the new guy (this is my first post), but I've hammered a deal on a car and want to ask the question - is the 18 worth waiting for at this point?

The car I have been wanting is a 400A, Perf Pack, White (stick of course), so unless I have missed something the last few weeks, holding out would get me:

-17hp / 10ft lbs
-LED Lights
-Didigital Dash
-Revised Body

The car I am looking at has Mag Susp, and the Perf Pack, so many of the refinements are not applicable (at least I don't think). I have hammered the deal down about $8k, so unless there is something really worth looking at, Im pulling the trigger.

Thoughts?

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
So - not trying to get lit up for being the new guy (this is my first post), but I've hammered a deal on a car and want to ask the question - is the 18 worth waiting for at this point?

The car I have been wanting is a 400A, Perf Pack, White (stick of course), so unless I have missed something the last few weeks, holding out would get me:

-17hp / 10ft lbs
-LED Lights
-Didigital Dash
-Revised Body

The car I am looking at has Mag Susp, and the Perf Pack, so many of the refinements are not applicable (at least I don't think). I have hammered the deal down about $8k, so unless there is something really worth looking at, Im pulling the trigger.

Thoughts?
There's more to the 18MY update than what you listed, so it depends on if the other updates, (engine, suspension & exhaust) are worth waiting for to you. I do have a questions though, you said the car you worked a deal on has "Mag Susp". Unless you worked a deal on a GT350, it doesn't. That will be available as an option on the '18, but not currently on a GT.
Sponsored