Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I'm checking multiple times per day at this point. I'm right there with you man. Really leaning towards ordering the '18 over getting a heavily discounted '17. I want the magnetic dampers and I'm willing to pay for them.
Might as well wait and get the 2018 we know what "should" happen but no one can say for sure. Be wary of a lot of things people say in this thread just an fyi
Sponsored

raidn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Perf Pack + 1968 302 Coupe
Might as well wait and get the 2018 we know what "should" happen but no one can say for sure. Be wary of a lot of things people say in this thread just an fyi
Yeah, the more I look at the 2018, the more I think it is worth it to wait. I don't think the price difference between the '17 and '18 will really be as big as some people seem to think.

What sucks the most is that these cars are going to get here right before Winter starts. Production doesn't start until October 2, so best case we get the car mid-November. Right in time for snow to arrive here in Utah. Snow tires and gentle break in all winter I guess

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I'm checking multiple times per day at this point. I'm right there with you man. Really leaning towards ordering the '18 over getting a heavily discounted '17. I want the magnetic dampers and I'm willing to pay for them.
Mag dampers are awesome. Given a choice I would never switch back to standard dampers unless it's a purpose built track/autox car.

hornet_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Odyssey
Mag dampers are awesome. Given a choice I would never switch back to standard dampers unless it's a purpose built track/autox car.
I thought the point of mag dampers were to make it a better track car? Or maybe I just misunderstood you.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Yeah, the more I look at the 2018, the more I think it is worth it to wait. I don't think the price difference between the '17 and '18 will really be as big as some people seem to think.

What sucks the most is that these cars are going to get here right before Winter starts. Production doesn't start until October 2, so best case we get the car mid-November. Right in time for snow to arrive here in Utah. Snow tires and gentle break in all winter I guess
What is snow :shrug::lol:

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I like the wheels on the crimson above. Much better than the other silver wheels that were doing the rounds.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I thought the point of mag dampers were to make it a better track car? Or maybe I just misunderstood you.
Not tune able through standard methods. You need to buy an aftermarket controller. My comment is geared to the track junky who tinkers and adjusts using the vast array of aftermarket components to get every last tenth. For a casual track guy like myself the mag dampers are great on track and are all I need.

Whats really nice is being able to have a relaxed ride on the street and when at the track or for spirited driving press a button and change the feel of the car.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Whats really nice is being able to have a relaxed ride on the street and when at the track or for spirited driving press a button and change the feel of the car.
Is the change in feel really different? I was pretty convinced I'd go without Magnaride if I got a 2018 (depending on the cost). The base model Shelby I drove without it still seemed really great. Haven't driven one with Magnaride yet.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
As someone who is getting tired of maintaining and storing a second set of wheels and skids -- not funny! :lol: :)

Seriously though, looks like the 18's will be arriving late, it sucks having to go straight to snow tires. :headbonk:

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is the change in feel really different? I was pretty convinced I'd go without Magnaride if I got a 2018 (depending on the cost). The base model Shelby I drove without it still seemed really great. Haven't driven one with Magnaride yet.
It's not night and day, but you can definitely feel a significant difference going into sport damper mode. Normal feels close to where my car is: firm all the time but never harsh. Sport can be a little harsh on the street but the extra damping will pay dividends on the track.

raidn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Perf Pack + 1968 302 Coupe
As a guy who grew up in Destin, FL... In this case, ignorance is bliss. :frusty:

On another note, can we all thank Ford for ditching the old Pirellis and going to Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. I don't care what the extra cost is, I'm happy to pay it to have those from the factory. I recently put a set on my Audi S3 and they really improved everything about the car over the Continental summers that came stock.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It's not night and day, but you can definitely feel a significant difference going into sport damper mode. Normal feels close to where my car is: firm all the time but never harsh. Sport can be a little harsh on the street but the extra damping will pay dividends on the track.
Cool. Since my theoretical 2018 probably won't be taken to the track, I'm sure the standard dampers will be enough to keep me happy. Maybe if Magnaride is cheap I'd go for it but I highly doubt it will be.
Sponsored