Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Will be a difficult one to pull off to get the blacked out area just right not to stand out in between the lower grill and splitter. Think the color difference will ruin it IRL.
Yeah, but splitter and lower grille are already not looking good with the plastic look compared to the painted upper grille. So you could paint everything in black :D
Sponsored

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, but splitter and lower grille are already not looking good with the plastic look compared to the painted upper grille. So you could paint everything in black :D
Good point.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I don't want to be a party pooper but

This does not look to good as this is the car used for as promo-pictures for the european market
Thats nothing, you should look at my 15!:lol::lol::lol:

Sponsored

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Except for the new overboost function, which is just software I suppose.
Would assume a big part of overboost is to make the engine have a different characteristic. I generally dislike turbo engines because they give their power in a short burst, unpleasant and too short to really enjoy, car goes all over the place and easy too lose power by spinning the wheels and such.

With overboost capabilities, they can drop down the power in the first few gears and increase the boost at higher gears, more stable, less jerky and wheels won't spin. All round more pleasant and prolly feel more like an N/A engine. Ofc I have no clue what the goal was for Ford but would hope this was it. Ferarri been doing this for a while. Software adjustable V-tec XD.

Would require some software and sensory magic normally not available for on the fly changes in mainstream turbo engines.

Prolly have to compare it side by side but I would prolly enjoy it over the previous ecoboost.

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
Would assume a big part of overboost is to make the engine have a different characteristic. I generally dislike turbo engines because they give their power in a short burst, unpleasant and too short to really enjoy, car goes all over the place and easy too lose power by spinning the wheels and such.

With overboost capabilities, they can drop down the power in the first few gears and increase the boost at higher gears, more stable, less jerky and wheels won't spin. All round more pleasant and prolly feel more like an N/A engine. Ofc I have no clue what the goal was for Ford but would hope this was it. Ferarri been doing this for a while. Software adjustable V-tec XD.

Would require some software and sensory magic normally not available for on the fly changes in mainstream turbo engines.

Prolly have to compare it side by side but I would prolly enjoy it over the previous ecoboost.
if it works anything like normal overboost, and what they have in place for the focus ST, then this isnt how it works at all.

The way it works on the ST is, the car makes, lets say 18psi of boost. And the turbo and car are capable of handling more, but for longevity reasons, the car is tuned at the 18psi. When the conditions are right, and full boost is requested, the car will actually be tuned to allow for up to 21psi for a little extra power for a couple seconds only.. then it drops back off to the 18 psi.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
if it works anything like normal overboost, and what they have in place for the focus ST, then this isnt how it works at all.

The way it works on the ST is, the car makes, lets say 18psi of boost. And the turbo and car are capable of handling more, but for longevity reasons, the car is tuned at the 18psi. When the conditions are right, and full boost is requested, the car will actually be tuned to allow for up to 21psi for a little extra power for a couple seconds only.. then it drops back off to the 18 psi.
Was hoping it was gonna work that way I mean they did lower HP number for 2018 EU EB, guess just for Co2. Lower CO2 and 10 speed in the end means a couple THOUSAND cheaper in terms of tax.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Was hoping it was gonna work that way I mean they did lower HP number for 2018 EU EB, guess just for Co2. Lower CO2 and 10 speed in the end means a couple THOUSAND cheaper in terms of tax.
It also has to do with the installation of a Gasoline Particle Filter on the EcoBoost.

Can't wait to see the new emission numbers.

whelan007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Does anyone know when the 19" Luster Nickel-Painted Forged Aluminum Wheel
will be available for order. They are listed as late availability.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
How about a car they sell in europe for 50k+€? :D
What does a Porsche or Mercedes go for over there?

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
A comparison between Camaro and 18 Stang Cluster is not fair, since Camaro is not having a full digital Cluster but a screen between two analog gauges.

To me it's mostly about functions, and the 15 Mustang had a really bad cluster for that. No navigation informations, no digital speedometer, etc. At least you get that in Chevys solution, and you have 3 designs to choose from (the design with the 4 digital gauges is a pretty cool retro thing imho).

I think you should wait for the 19 Camaro facelift that will be announced soon and compare digital cluster to digital cluster. Camaros cluster may not be the best, but it's without doubt far superior to 15 Mustangs Cluster.

Don't get me wrong, the digital cluster in the Mustang seems nice. But besides the RPM display sport/track mode it seems like Ford didn't really know what to do with a full digital Cluster.

Just take a short look how Audi is showing the navigation system in their digital cluster. Also you can customize the display a bit, like choosing one thing that is always shown.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Sponsored