Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
EU Fastbacks looks really good in motion. But still think the upper grille is too wide when looking directly at the frontend.

Only a few days til I can see it live at IAA, then I can finally decide if I want one :D
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I used paint to quickly blackout the lower bumper and the (in europe useless) reflectors in the headlight. I think this little mod makes the car look so much more angry. Add dual stripes and it will be perfect :headbang:
eu2018blackedout.JPG

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
I used paint to quickly blackout the lower bumper and the (in europe useless) reflectors in the headlight. I think this little mod makes the car look so much more angry. Add dual stripes and it will be perfect :headbang:
agreed!!!!!

emix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT manual LB
Does anyone have any info on the gas particulate filter? It seems the ecoboost gets less power because of it. The V8 on the other hand gets a power hike. How come? Is the V8 friendlier on emissions than the ecoboost?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rdxco.in
First Name
Oleksandr
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2016
Received info now that the 2018 Mustang will be on display on the Frankfurt auto show this week.
I will be there :) my dealer in Portugal does not know any information yet :(( do you know when they will have all info in Portugal? I am waiting to order it first in Portugal :)))

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
The V8 on the other hand gets a power hike. How come?
To my knowledge, the V8s power hike is strictly due to the addition of direct injection and re-tuning. The ecoboost has not been redesigned for this refresh.

Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I like it! Really well done - if I get an '18, I will seriously consider doing that.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Will be a difficult one to pull off to get the blacked out area just right not to stand out in between the lower grill and splitter. Think the color difference will ruin it IRL.

AGM2018

Except for the new overboost function, which is just software I suppose.
I too have a few questions on the 2018 Ecoboost, as far as "software" is concerned. Ford is notorious for historically "underrating horsepower" on their cars, I wonder if, maybe...just maybe, Ford "sneaked a few extra ponies" into the refreshed 2018 Ecoboost's engine via an updated software tune, along with the 30 FT/LBS of torque, due to the "overboost function."

I am disappointed that Ford didn't increase the HP of the 2018 EB (not sure why they didn't, because the Ford Racing tune has proven a "mild tune" adds at least 20 HP to the EB without major long-term reliability issues) to close the HP difference to the V6 Camaro. And with a 2019 Camaro refresh on the horizon, the V6 will, in all likelihood, be increased 10 or so additional horsepower, which pushes it further ahead of the EB. Hopefully within a year, Ford Racing will release its tune for the 2018 EB.
Sponsored