Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
someone on fb shopped this. not as ugly now

Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I hate it less now that I've seen these photos. I'm just pissed that some of these performance options or interior upgrades weren't around in 2015. I think Ford was complacent when they launched the S550 because it just edged out the 5th gen Camaro. They probably didn't expect GM to come out swinging with the 6th as hard as they did.

It looks like the steering wheel isn't wrapped in F150 XL grade vinyl anymore.

I want that quad tip exhaust and gauge cluster for my car. Hopefully Ford will sell that valence to us 15-17 owners.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I hate it less now that I've seen these photos. I'm just pissed that some of these performance options or interior upgrades weren't around in 2015. I think Ford was complacent when they launched the S550 because it just edged out the 5th gen Camaro. They probably didn't expect GM to come out swinging with the 6th as hard as they did.

It looks like the steering wheel isn't wrapped in F150 XL grade vinyl anymore.

I want that quad tip exhaust and gauge cluster for my car. Hopefully Ford will sell that valence to us 15-17 owners.
Car manufactures work just like Apple/Google does. They trickle out features to keep people buying them. If they just made everything available day one they would have to really step their game up on the new refresh to reveal new options. You will never own the best of the best longer longer than a few years.

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
Is there any image looking down the hood towards the scoops? interested at what I will be looking at. Hope the are not hideously done on the vent screens.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Ok I hated the car in the running footage but more pictures are helping, especially the grey it looks like a jag. Definitely warming up to it

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Is there any image looking down the hood towards the scoops? interested at what I will be looking at. Hope the are not hideously done on the vent screens.
One thing I can probably almost guarantee is you will at least be able to see both of them when in the driver seat LOL. Now LED turns would work.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Car manufactures work just like Apple/Google does. They trickle out features to keep people buying them. If they just made everything available day one they would have to really step their game up on the new refresh to reveal new options. You will never own the best of the best longer longer than a few years.
So true, and cars even follow a bit of the tick-tock upgrade strategy (i.e., iPhone # to iPhone #S). A brand new model is released, then 1/2 through the lifecycle it gets upgraded, mostly "internals", with just a few cosmetic tweaks to drive the market that wants their revised car to look revised.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
If they were smart they should have taken the PP suspension and made it standard on the base model and added the Magneride to the PP as a more track focused model.

I'm pretty sure now it'll best a SS quite well.
They did add the current PP to the new '18 standard.

All models get revised shocks, increased lateral stiffness, and revised stabilizer bars (base suspension improvements said to be on par with the previous optional performance suspension)

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm all the way around to liking it now. The better photos made a big difference for me.

Good upgrades. I like the new dash and the availability of mag ride and active exhaust are awesome. I really hope it's at least 50 HP gain. 80 would be terrific. Considering that the GT350 intake makes a big difference on the outgoing Coyote, between intake, higher red line and DI - I don't think 80 HP is out of the question.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Answered my own question... The Digital Gauge Cluster is optional according to the Ford site... That means it likely will be a pretty expensive part to purchase directly from Ford and likely will be very rare on sites like ebay... Damn...

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Answered my own question... The Digital Gauge Cluster is optional according to the Ford site... That means it likely will be a pretty expensive part to purchase directly from Ford and likely will be very rare on sites like ebay... Damn...
Just sit around Cars & Coffee Zack...you'll score one pretty quick.

But you are looking at a $1000 part probably at least. With Audi's, the tech package comes with the digital display and it's like a $3.5k option (has a bunch of other stuff)
Sponsored