Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Discussion in 'Mustang S550 General Forums' started by Jarstang, Jan 17, 2017.

1. wireeater

wireeater Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rich
    Vehicle(s):
    Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT Premium, 10R80, PP
    0   0   0
    I just wonder if it was plug n play for 15-17, how would we be able to change the module. like from normal, sport to track.

2. AMChief5.0

AMChief5.0 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chief
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
    0   0   0
    #272 AMChief5.0, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Anyone hear on when order banks open? Are we still thinking April like for 2017MY year?

3. JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT PP
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    What's so different on the rear? Quad tip exhaust and the line in the decklid, but what else am I missing that everyone is raving about?

4. Agent_S550

Agent_S550 Legend in his own mind

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Magnetic GT PP
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I honestly believe the 15-17's will be like the 11-12's and be a bit more of a safe/guarantee'd sale than this car when it comes time for them both to be in the used market. MY18 is a love or hate it look. I appreciate all of the performance upgrades, but is it THAT much more significant? Lets look at it:

Magnetic ride = Amazing. But the cars not low enough so, congrats you'll still be doing springs at the very least.
    Exhaust = Lets be real. Headers, catless midpipe, and exhaust is in your future. Corsa quad tips need to be poking out of that valance.
    Interior = Gauges don't do much for the car. If you're indifferent then okay whatever. If you like traditional analog then it won't be a reason to buy.
    Automatic = Irrelevant. 6r80 is nearly bullet proof and proven. I'm happy there's a 10 speed but I don't imagine many performance pack enthusiasts running out to buy the Auto version. The fact it's a 10 speed has no bearing on my purchase decisions. I only buy manual.
    Dual clutch/Dual mass flywheel = DM flywheels are garbage. Big power needs a twin disk from mcleod and a solid flywheel.

I could go on. Not shitting on the car but I think people are blowing this car out of proportion. And whats worse is if you don't love the front end, it's not that significant of an upgrade. It's nothing a 15-17 can't be with a little bit of fun modding. And modding is what we buy our cars for after all.

JohnBoyNC and Eisman like this.
  5. zackmd1

zackmd1 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Zack
    Vehicle(s):
    1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
    Rating:
    100%
    4   0   0
    The cluster should be a self contained unit. All external functions like drive modes and steering feel are handled by other modules and just displayed on the cluster. So as long as no other programing has changed for the 2018 which I doubt it has, the cluster should be a plug and play unit for older vehicles. You just will not get to 10th gear even though the cluster will be displaying that for automatics.

6. UMDrummer

UMDrummer Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
    0   0   0
    So is royal crimson the same color as the 2012 lava red?

7. Spartan

Spartan Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Ford Explorer Sport
    0   0   0
    Nice. I think if they did something more with the lower old fog area and put more black venting in (even if it didn't do air flow) it would bring the bottom in line with the upper. Like this

[​IMG]

8. Genxer

Genxer Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    After seeing pics yesterday I was not a fan. I still like the styling of my '15 better, but there is so much to like about the '18 in other areas that I could overlook that. A 10 speed auto + more hp should make for some impressive 1/4 mile and 0-60 numbers.

It seems they are touching just about everything that needs to be touched. D.I? (the right way) Check. Improved trans? Check. More interesting gage cluster? Check. Better tires? Check. Auto with PP? Quad exhaust? Optional Magneride? Check, check, check. It's as if Ford was reading every critique of the S550 on M6G.

I won't be trading but it is definitely something to get excited about.

kiwiford and GT Pony like this.
  9. carguy1701

carguy1701 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
    Automotive Technician
    0   0   0
    This is KONA Blue? I remember it being darker than that...unless it's because of the sunlight. New-Ford-Mustang-V8-GT-with-Performace-Pack-in-Kona-Blue-2.jpg

10. Wblv17

Wblv17 older fart

First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
    0   0   0
    will have to see them on the lot first, lower front end and dash need to grow on me. Waiting for numbers on motors and pricing. Like a lot of the other changes.

11. Spartan

Spartan Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Ford Explorer Sport
    0   0   0
    Auto isn't irrelevant. Look at the Camaro with it. It's not irrelevant at all especially for track guys.

The exhaust is great for those that don't care about modding their cars which is the majority of buyers. Having the best of both worlds here (quiet or loud) is great and in 1 system.

Add in the much better suspension (basically the previous PP) and that solves all the soft/rolling issues.

Be careful with professional photos. They are so enhanced the real deal never looks like that.

12. Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GTPP
    0   0   0
    I can't get past those headlights, I probably wouldn't get one but if I could get a killer deal on a 18 GT then hell yea I'd do it in a heartbeat :D

Now I am incredibly curious what the S650 will look like because that's when I was planning on going V8 (if they have one still). Also still hoping they offer a Manual Trans in the S650 since they keep improving the A/T's.

13. DarkestHour

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    How did you completely skip over the new engine?

14. klineka

klineka Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Ecoboost Premium
    0   0   0
    I believe the tailights have been slightly modified as well

15. wireeater

wireeater Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rich
    Vehicle(s):
    Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT Premium, 10R80, PP
    0   0   0
    Probably June/August since they are claiming Fall release.

AMChief5.0 likes this.