Sponsored

Off the topic: Should I buy a lawyer for speeding ticket?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Court costs should have been waived since it was a non infraction.

Did you talk with the DA before court? it should have been tossed before you hit a courtroom.

I would also have persued harrassmant charges against the officer. He is immune to civil forfeture but it would show up as a reprimand in his personnel jacket.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Court costs should have been waived since it was a non infraction.

Did you talk with the DA before court? it should have been tossed before you hit a courtroom.

I would also have persued harrassmant charges against the officer. He is immune to civil forfeture but it would show up as a reprimand in his personnel jacket.
I said earlier I spoke to judge immediately after dropping asking if there’s any way to get officer corrective training for false ticket etc.

She said don’t waste my time or theirs and laughed/smirked

Bich

Paid my fees and left. Just sucks that’s the only thing that shows up on my background look up. Shows citation, and dismissed

Should be removed but they won’t:don’t

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I had a cop break a license plate light once just so he could give me a ticket.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I said earlier I spoke to judge immediately after dropping asking if there’s any way to get officer corrective training for false ticket etc.

She said don’t waste my time or theirs and laughed/smirked

Bich
My reply would have been, “See you on the news”. I would havthen contacted my local stations consumer affairs department. Sure her bosses would love the publicity.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Last ticket I got was I forgot to renew my tags. I renewed and went to the court house and showed the court clerk it was now legal and she tossed the ticket. No court charges.

1Pretzel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephanie
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT Premium
So I got pulled over last night, he said I was going 82 in a 55, plus it was a construction zone but he was going to give me a break and not write it for a construction zone. Well in FL, if there aren’t workers present they can’t use the construction zone, so he really wasn’t cutting me any slack. And he didn’t get me on radar, the ticket says he was clocking me for a 1/4 mile with his car😳. But he didn’t follow the Toyota Camry two lanes over that was going just as fast as I was. $279 is the fine, think I might get a lawyer, haven’t had a ticket in over 20 years. Hubby wasn’t too happy either, he didn’t say a word the rest of the drive home. He got the last speeding ticket just a few months ago, because his speedo is off in his truck due to his tires on his 4X4. I didn’t give him any grief, but the cop wrote his for less than he was actually going, not mine. I was nice when he pulled me over me too. Didn’t try to talk my way out of it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So I got pulled over last night, he said I was going 82 in a 55, plus it was a construction zone but he was going to give me a break and not write it for a construction zone. Well in FL, if there aren’t workers present they can’t use the construction zone, so he really wasn’t cutting me any slack. And he didn’t get me on radar, the ticket says he was clocking me for a 1/4 mile with his car😳. But he didn’t follow the Toyota Camry two lanes over that was going just as fast as I was. $279 is the fine, think I might get a lawyer, haven’t had a ticket in over 20 years. Hubby wasn’t too happy either, he didn’t say a word the rest of the drive home. He got the last speeding ticket just a few months ago, because his speedo is off in his truck due to his tires on his 4X4. I didn’t give him any grief, but the cop wrote his for less than he was actually going, not mine. I was nice when he pulled me over me too. Didn’t try to talk my way out of it.
Well how fast do you think you were going? 27 over is significant so an attorney might be able to help get it reduced. I do not know the laws in an Florida so why not contact one and ask?

1Pretzel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephanie
Vehicle(s)
I WAS speeding, don’t get me wrong, I don’t know how fast I was going because I wasn’t watching the speedo😂. We went to dinner and we were in the way home and I was enjoying the drive. But I wasn’t the only one speeding, I was going with the flow, albeit leading the flow, but going with flow none the less. That Toyota was keeping pace with me, but I guess better to pull over the sports car. Any idea what you pay a lawyer vs. going to court yourself?

Well how fast do you think you were going? 27 over is significant so an attorney might be able to help get it reduced. I do not know the laws in an Florida so why not contact one and ask?

Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Id say always fight it just based on principle. We have prepaid legal through work and the wife has had a lawyer fight it the last couple of times and it has always resulted in zero points, no deferment, and just about the same as the original fine in court costs. Nice bit is she didn’t have to show up.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I WAS speeding, don’t get me wrong, I don’t know how fast I was going because I wasn’t watching the speedo😂. We went to dinner and we were in the way home and I was enjoying the drive. But I wasn’t the only one speeding, I was going with the flow, albeit leading the flow, but going with flow none the less. That Toyota was keeping pace with me, but I guess better to pull over the sports car. Any idea what you pay a lawyer vs. going to court yourself?
Hello; I do not know Florida but back when I lived in KY 27 over the posted limit was serious. Lots of points on the license. I think enough to get a suspended license in KY. Anything over 15 over was serious. Big difference in insurance premiums.

Last time I got a ticket the officer wrote it up to be just under 15 over. I was able to do a school type program. The state sent me a safety video I had to watch. I did a simple test to show I understood the rules of the road. Once I passed everything there were no points on my license and no increase in my insurance.

You might be well served to hire a traffic lawyer. At least check the law in Florida.

Good luck

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Look up whatever statue is on your ticket. You might get lucky and have it say that the cop needs to follow you for over a 1/4 of a mile if not using radar. If so the ticket will get dropped super easy.

1Pretzel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephanie
Vehicle(s)
Well I talked with an attorney, it’s a flat $125 for him to go to court and maybe get the fine reduced no points plus court costs. Or go to school plus the cost of the ticket. Decisions decisions. Not sure which way I should go. I know I don’t want the points on my license because of the increased insurance, because we are in a high zip code in Florida it’s already expensive, and my record was clean.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Well I talked with an attorney, it’s a flat $125 for him to go to court and maybe get the fine reduced no points plus court costs. Or go to school plus the cost of the ticket. Decisions decisions. Not sure which way I should go. I know I don’t want the points on my license because of the increased insurance, because we are in a high zip code in Florida it’s already expensive, and my record was clean.
Hello; I had a similar decision and picked school. You were written up for greater MPH over the limit than i was and were in a construction zone. My thinking is if you go to court the construction zone part will likely come up. May not seem like much but the officer sems to have given you a break about the construction zone. I may be wrong but if you go to court the officer will have to testify. Best hope is he/she cannot show up.

School is a pain but is a certain outcome. In KY back a couple of decades doing the school fixed the points issue as well. No points after I did the school.
Sponsored