Sponsored

Off the topic: Should I buy a lawyer for speeding ticket?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well I talked with an attorney, it’s a flat $125 for him to go to court and maybe get the fine reduced no points plus court costs. Or go to school plus the cost of the ticket. Decisions decisions. Not sure which way I should go. I know I don’t want the points on my license because of the increased insurance, because we are in a high zip code in Florida it’s already expensive, and my record was clean.
It’s all about the points. If the points are either reduced or eliminated by going to school do it. No brainer.
Sponsored

PerryShark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2012
I wanted to chime in on this topic. It's always a tough decision to make when deciding whether to hire an attorney for a speeding ticket. Based on what you've said, it sounds like the flat fee of $125 to potentially reduce the fine and avoid points on your license could be worth it in the long run. Additionally, I wanted to share a helpful resource I came across - oxnerpermarlaw.com. They have a blog post about the rules and regulations surrounding taking a leave of absence during illness or after an injury. It's always good to stay informed on legal matters, even if they don't directly relate to your situation right now.

Last edited:

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I wanted to chime in on this topic. It's always a tough decision to make when deciding whether to hire an attorney for a speeding ticket. Based on what you've said, it sounds like the flat fee of $125 to potentially reduce the fine and avoid points on your license could be worth it in the long run.
When ever I’ve used a lawyer the tickets have been reduced or outright thrown out. Worth it in the long run when it comes to insurance purposes.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
When ever I’ve used a lawyer the tickets have been reduced or outright thrown out. Worth it in the long run when it comes to insurance purposes.
This, I've paid 5x the ticket amount to get a lawyer, get it tossed out. Not on my record, saves on insurance as well.. win in my book.

Zullusman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
If it consistently leads to reduced fines or the ticket being thrown out, it could definitely be worth it in the long run, especially when it comes to insurance rates.
As for whether you should buy a lawyer for a speeding ticket, it might depend on the specific circumstances of your ticket and your past experiences. It's always good to weigh the cost of the lawyer against the potential benefits, like keeping your record clean and avoiding insurance hikes.
I also found this article about whistleblowers on Federal Lawyer's website that you might find interesting: https://federal-lawyer.com/what-is-a-whistleblower/. It's always fascinating to learn about different aspects of the legal system.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If it consistently leads to reduced fines or the ticket being thrown out, it could definitely be worth it in the long run, especially when it comes to insurance rates.
Welcome to the forum. Please note that you responded to a thread that died over a year ago. 👍