MustangDominance

Professional Fast guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gavin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Mustang
Hey all, changing up exhaust for more power and better sound. I have longtubes and borla attaks for the s197 v6 models ready to be put in. I have a few questions before I pull the trigger on an H pipe.

Most videos I’ve seen of s550 catless honestly sound way too raspy, so I’m thinking about getting a catted H pipe. I’m wondering what gains id be giving up if I went catted over catless for the h pipe.
Sponsored

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Probably about 5 horsepower. Nothing to worry about. On 95% of cars decatting it doesn't really give you a major positive increase in power until you are making over 700+ hp. Even then, they aren't a huge restriction.

Think about all of the supercars and hypercars running 700-1500hp. They all have cats and seem to do just fine.

Decatting is overrated, smells like shit, and seriously pollutes the environment. You can make gains while keeping stock cats or high flow units on the car.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Meanwhile I'll say that I felt a noticeable difference when I got rid of mine, smell isn't that bad unless you leave it sitting and running for awhile (like I do in the morning to warm it up before driving to work).

Plus with high flows, there's a chance they'll fail still which I didn't want to deal with. If you can run without em (ie no inspections in your state), just skip straight to catless and put in some resonators.

Those super cars with that much power are big ass engines with turbos so of course they're getting numbers out of it. They'd be *more fine* without cats though lol.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
There is many options to get rid of the rasp. They are just custom options and nothing plug and play, but with a good exhaust shop with decent pricing it may be less than buying an overpriced catted H-pipe. Bonus is they sound better than the H-pipe. The catted H-pipe doesn't really clean up the sound like you think...that is by itself anyway.
Sponsored

Last edited: