Sponsored

OEM Style Stripes but Different Colors

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
So i been trying to find Mach 1 OEM Style Stripes but with the option to do different colors. I really want to change out the Black and Red and do Black and Gold to match my 1969 Mustang. However everywhere i look, the only options are solid colors or the OEM colors.

Does anyone know where i could get Mach 1 Style Stripes with the option to change the accent color? I know it wont have the Mach 1 on the hood stripe, but really dont care about that logo being on the stripe away.
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
So i been trying to find Mach 1 OEM Style Stripes but with the option to do different colors. I really want to change out the Black and Red and do Black and Gold to match my 1969 Mustang. However everywhere i look, the only options are solid colors or the OEM colors.

Does anyone know where i could get Mach 1 Style Stripes with the option to change the accent color? I know it wont have the Mach 1 on the hood stripe, but really dont care about that logo being on the stripe away.
you'll need to get custom does by a vinyl shop. I am thinking about removing the white from my future red car. make it match my 71

MakoShark

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2.3 EcoBoost Fastback

You can only make custom design like I did. Any vinyl shop can do that. I liked Mach 1 style, but I think that OEM stripe wasn't lining properly with the hood extractors. So I took some measurements and designed my own stripe that turned my pony into a unicorn :D I spent literally two months taking measurements, correcting the rock chipped paint on the hood and printing some proofs. I even spent few days in Forza Horizon 4 designing maybe 20 different designs to see which one is the best and ordered swatches so I could see which wrap looks the best on cloudy and sunny day and even at night. Only thing I can recommend is stay away from glossy wraps as almost all of them had pretty nasty orange peel texture (unless you order Inozetek). So if I let the pictures speak, it started like this :D

Playing around with different designs:
FH4-50.jpg

FH4-52.jpg

FH4-51.jpg

FH4-53.jpg

Taking measurements stage :D
20210814_155710.jpg

20210814_160305.jpg

Paint correction:
20210822_130328.jpg

20210822_180141.jpg

Variations (decisions, decisions, decisions...):
Mach 1 stripe.jpg

3D Model Proofing (checking lines stages):
Kona Blue stripe WIDE PINSTRIPE.jpg

Paper proofing in my garage (I used paper measuring tape. Didn't want to scratch the hood):
20210811_000732.jpg

Making stage:
20210913_131539.jpg

20210913_131556.jpg

20210913_131626.jpg

Aaaaand the final design after me and two other guys helped me install the stripe. It took about 2 hours to install it. Labour and material was about 300 USD in the end.
Ford Mustang Kona Blue 01.jpg

Ford Mustang Kona Blue 02.jpg

So yeah... custom design is your best option :)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Most impressive!

SROhlms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Just fantastic work all around. I always appreciate an extreme attention to detail.

Can you also explain what you did to your grille?

Sponsored

MakoShark

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2.3 EcoBoost Fastback
Just fantastic work all around. I always appreciate an extreme attention to detail.

Can you also explain what you did to your grille?
Thank you :)

And I did nothing to grille. It is just stock 2018+ EcoBoost grille. I was thinking about color matching the flat horizontal part of the grille with satin dark grey vinyl wrap or sanding it flat and having it painted (same detail is on Mach 1 grille), but I found out that stock texture makes all of the plastic parts appear exactly the same as the satin dark grey vinyl wrap :)

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'

you could try reaching out to bemaro films

Bemaro

He does a lot of custom mustang vinyl. I have his emblem overlays ready to put on my car.

OP
OP
NoReins

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
You can only make custom design like I did. Any vinyl shop can do that. I liked Mach 1 style, but I think that OEM stripe wasn't lining properly with the hood extractors. So I took some measurements and designed my own stripe that turned my pony into a unicorn :D I spent literally two months taking measurements, correcting the rock chipped paint on the hood and printing some proofs. I even spent few days in Forza Horizon 4 designing maybe 20 different designs to see which one is the best and ordered swatches so I could see which wrap looks the best on cloudy and sunny day and even at night. Only thing I can recommend is stay away from glossy wraps as almost all of them had pretty nasty orange peel texture (unless you order Inozetek). So if I let the pictures speak, it started like this :D

Playing around with different designs:
FH4-50.jpg

FH4-52.jpg

FH4-51.jpg

FH4-53.jpg

Taking measurements stage :D
20210814_155710.jpg

20210814_160305.jpg

Paint correction:
20210822_130328.jpg

20210822_180141.jpg

Variations (decisions, decisions, decisions...):
Mach 1 stripe.jpg

3D Model Proofing (checking lines stages):
Kona Blue stripe WIDE PINSTRIPE.jpg

Paper proofing in my garage (I used paper measuring tape. Didn't want to scratch the hood):
20210811_000732.jpg

Making stage:
20210913_131539.jpg

20210913_131556.jpg

20210913_131626.jpg

Aaaaand the final design after me and two other guys helped me install the stripe. It took about 2 hours to install it. Labour and material was about 300 USD in the end.
Ford Mustang Kona Blue 01.jpg

Ford Mustang Kona Blue 02.jpg

So yeah... custom design is your best option :)
Looks good!
Sponsored