Oem 3m Adhesive 5.0 Emblems

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Can anyone link to me real 3m adhesive 5.0 emblems I have had two run ins with cj pony parts and their ford performance emblems but I’m guessing that these are just double sided tape. Can someone verify where I can find 3m adhesive backed ford 5.0 emblems these say 3m adhesive but normally from what I have seen on past vehicles it will indicate 3m on the backing and its red
A0AADC12-0CFF-42A7-AC2A-9E1EE7A263F5.jpeg
594F347A-A855-4EB0-931A-46B313719B39.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
?

Just get the cheapest ones you can find. I got mine off e-bay twice and never had problems and my cars live outside. Even a fairly junk double-sided tape will stay on fine (3 years on my previous stang and over 1 year with this one) as long as you properly prep the surface by fully removing the old tape and getting it super-clean.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
?

Just get the cheapest ones you can find. I got mine off e-bay twice and never had problems and my cars live outside. Even a fairly junk double-sided tape will stay on fine (3 years on my previous stang and over 1 year with this one) as long as you properly prep the surface by fully removing the old tape and getting it super-clean.
Yeah I found some on American muscle I’m gonna pick up

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're having adhesion trouble, just make sure when you're taking the old tape off, I found lightly moistening a good microfiber in isopropyl (or denatured) and rubbing with significant pressure helps clean off any of the gunk you can't see. Then a number of dry rubs with a clean microfiber and you should be good to go. Just avoid days of high humidity.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
If you're having adhesion trouble, just make sure when you're taking the old tape off, I found lightly moistening a good microfiber in isopropyl (or denatured) and rubbing with significant pressure helps clean off any of the gunk you can't see. Then a number of dry rubs with a clean microfiber and you should be good to go. Just avoid days of high humidity.
And then after dry rubs do you take another microfiber with alcohol and then once rubbing you let it dry on its own?

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And then after dry rubs do you take another microfiber with alcohol and then once rubbing you let it dry on its own?
No, rub it dry with a clean microfiber. No reason to let anything air dry since it still has a little water in it and whatever else. And going over anything like this with with a dry towel and good pressure (I like to use my thumb for small areas) will help you feel any spots you might have missed, sort of like the plastic bag trick before and after claying the paint.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
No, rub it dry with a clean microfiber. No reason to let anything air dry since it still has a little water in it and whatever else. And going over anything like this with with a dry towel and good pressure (I like to use my thumb for small areas) will help you feel any spots you might have missed, sort of like the plastic bag trick before and after claying the paint.
Thanks I ended up going with these for passenger and driver side
654FEF89-8B8C-49EB-AD09-9BC509BAE566.jpeg

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Make sure you use a good 3M adhesive promoter before you put the new emblems on to make sure they stick just like the factory ones did

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Make sure you use a good 3M adhesive promoter before you put the new emblems on to make sure they stick just like the factory ones did
Hard to pinpoint where to put it because of the way the badges go on the car. And I was told if it’s real 3m you don’t really need it.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Hard to pinpoint where to put it because of the way the badges go on the car. And I was told if it’s real 3m you don’t really need it.
If you get away OEM style badges you should have alignment pins on the emblems to match up with holes on the fenders.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
If you get away OEM style badges you should have alignment pins on the emblems to match up with holes on the fenders.
I did they have alignment pins but still difficult the 3m promoter is messy as is.

OP
OP

Oxford white 10r80 gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I have applied the 3m promoter to the back of the badges in the past but applying it to the paint without an outline of some sort is hard

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
I have applied the 3m promoter to the back of the badges in the past but applying it to the paint without an outline of some sort is hard
It's recommended after you install the emblems with a 3m promoter you can get the excess residue off of rubbing alcohol
Sponsored