Sponsored

Odometer Miles at Pickup

JonBMcD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I did a Euro delivery for my BMW - this is how many miles it had!
IMG_0446.jpg
Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Hearing all of this kinda sucks. First new car I've ever ordered. I legitimately expect it to arrive with no more than 2 or 3 miles on it. Given driving around the factory lot, coming on and off of trucks, crossing dealer lots, being moved, etc....I don't see how that should amount to more than a few miles if it's being dropped off sold with your name on it.
Ford requires the dealership to perform a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) of each new car upon arrival to validate the warranty. Part of the PDI is to drive the car far enough to get it up to full operating temps (our shop has a 4-5 miles test route, for example) and check all fluids and specs.

A typical new car will have 5-20 miles on the odometer after the PDI.

Some will be chosen at random at the factory for extra quality assurance and can have several dozen miles put on by the factory, in which case the factory sticks a mileage disclaimer decal on the car attesting to that mileage.

Sent from SYNC in my '14 Mustang GT...

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Mine had 60. I know it went through QA/QC and PDI. My Nephew took my Brother-in-law (his Dad) out to put gas in it for me and have some fun too. My Bro-in-law's comments were freaking hilarious. He also said: "There is not one thing I don't like about this car, it's that badass."

Sponsored

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
We never let people drive a brand new Mustang for more than couple miles and a sales guy goes with them everytime. We also profile buyers vs joyriders. If we have a sold unit and that is the only one available, we ONLY allow select people to test drive it IF the customer who ordered it gives us permission.

PJE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base Ecoboost Mustang - Ingot Silver
My newly posted window sticker states "Method of Transp. CONVOY" I'm assuming that as I'm so close to the plant they're going too drive it to the dealer.. It'll be around 40 miles.

5.0-PoPo

Live Free or Die
Threads
Reaction score
I believe that means by transport truck, all of the Stangs on my dealer lot say Convoy and I am in South Carolina. The two 15's they got yesterday came on a truck per the dealer.

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
I believe that means by transport truck, all of the Stangs on my dealer lot say Convoy and I am in South Carolina. The two 15's they got yesterday came on a truck per the dealer.
My sticker read CONVOY also, but it was sent by rail to Atlanta and then put on a truck to WNC.

Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
:headbang: My car had 6 miles on it when i picked it up today!!! :thumbsup:

Five.Point.Oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition V8 4x4
My 2012 Boss came in with .3 miles on the odo. I personally picked it up straight from the train yard and drove it to the gas station behind the dealer and to the dealer itself for inspection. I just couldn't risk someone else driving the car. I didn't even let anybody detail it.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Eventually they will have more than 50 miles on them.
Just drive them and lets enjoy them.
I dont see anyone buying one of these to make a garage queen.

scottdb1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium RR,43S,67G,975,RR,77R,94N
mine came off the truck w/2.8 miles (10-24-14 6:00 pm), after it was prepped it had 4.4 miles (10-25-14 3:30 pm) & when I picked it up this morning it had 5.8 miles on it ( 10-27-14 10:30 am) & a full tank of gas .

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
The first of new model cars like this often have to be "test driven" by the dealer employees.
Sponsored