Odd Rev Hang Post CAI Install

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
You've failed to answer the question regarding the insert and the no-tune version. Is it a no-tune with maf insert?
The injen does not have a removable insert. Its a stricly no tune needed intake.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JWalk

JWalk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
You've failed to answer the question regarding the insert and the no-tune version. Is it a no-tune with maf insert?
The Injen is a no tune intake. There is a part you can cut off which makes it necessary but mine is intact. The MAF is seated normally on the intake tube

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Inspect the insert, mine wasn't perfectly round, car ran like shit, had weird surge problems and was rough on the throttle.. I went back to the stock intake. Injen heatsoaks a lot more then the stock intake as well.

OP
OP
JWalk

JWalk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Car seems to be driving better today after cleaning the MAF and re-seating the sensor. The vacuum is still reading about 16.6-16.9 and the AFR is at 13.9-14.1. I'll continue to monitor the performance as the car learns the new intake. The revs only really hung up once during the drive.

OP
OP
JWalk

JWalk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Update

After reading through everyone's thoughts, I took the Injen off and went step by step with the install checking for issues. Discovered that the mounting spot for the filter is warped and therefore not sealing correctly. Contacting Injen and/or Stage3 Motorsport (where it was purchased) on Monday to see about receiving a new lid. Can't believe I didn't notice it before. Thank you again for all of your help!
IMG_0934.jpg

Sponsored

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
wow!!!! Yeah, that would cause some driving issues and I can't believe it's not throwing a code! Glad you got it sorted out.

mustanggoblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I just recently installed mine and everything seems just fine. A rough idle at first but it sorted all out without disconnecting the battery.Sometimes boxes come out of the mold odd for some reason, call Injen asap, CS actually seems pretty decent. Also check all the bungs to ensure there isn't any left over plastic in the holes, Sometimes that causes issues. Also a quick throttle body clean may help. Just a few ideas if the plastic seal doesn't help.

15gt6spd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang gt 6spd
Thank you everyone for the help so far. I checked the MAF today and cleaned it, also checked again for leaks with a second set of eyes/ears. Revs seem a little better afterwards but still hangs up a bit. I'm probably going to drive it for a few more days and see if it shapes up. Otherwise I will probably go back to the stock box and see if there is any change. Pretty frustrating so far, hopefully it sorts itself out.
Did you ever go back to the factory box? And if so did it sole your problem? My car us doing the samething

OP
OP
JWalk

JWalk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Did you ever go back to the factory box? And if so did it sole your problem? My car us doing the samething
Hey! Sorry for the delay - I don’t have the mustang anymore unfortunately so I don’t monitor this forum much.

Regarding this issue - I reached out to Injen and they sent me a replacement part. Installed the new part and the car ran great. Definitely recommend reaching out, their customer service was on point.
Sponsored