Odd Rev Hang Post CAI Install

Discussion in 'V8 5.0L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning' started by JWalk, May 6, 2017.

1. markmurfie

markmurfie Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 Ford Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    The injen does not have a removable insert. Its a stricly no tune needed intake.

JWalk likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    JWalk

JWalk Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT Premium
    0   0   0
    The Injen is a no tune intake. There is a part you can cut off which makes it necessary but mine is intact. The MAF is seated normally on the intake tube

3. RomanB

RomanB Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 5.0
    0   0   0
    Inspect the insert, mine wasn't perfectly round, car ran like shit, had weird surge problems and was rough on the throttle.. I went back to the stock intake. Injen heatsoaks a lot more then the stock intake as well.

JWalk likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    JWalk

JWalk Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT Premium
    0   0   0
    Car seems to be driving better today after cleaning the MAF and re-seating the sensor. The vacuum is still reading about 16.6-16.9 and the AFR is at 13.9-14.1. I'll continue to monitor the performance as the car learns the new intake. The revs only really hung up once during the drive.

5. OP
    OP
    JWalk

JWalk Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Mustang GT Premium
    0   0   0
    Update

After reading through everyone's thoughts, I took the Injen off and went step by step with the install checking for issues. Discovered that the mounting spot for the filter is warped and therefore not sealing correctly. Contacting Injen and/or Stage3 Motorsport (where it was purchased) on Monday to see about receiving a new lid. Can't believe I didn't notice it before. Thank you again for all of your help! IMG_0934.jpg

6. SVT Wylde

SVT Wylde Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Randall
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang GT Premium
    0   0   0
    wow!!!! Yeah, that would cause some driving issues and I can't believe it's not throwing a code! Glad you got it sorted out.

7. mustanggoblue

mustanggoblue Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Ford Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    I just recently installed mine and everything seems just fine. A rough idle at first but it sorted all out without disconnecting the battery.Sometimes boxes come out of the mold odd for some reason, call Injen asap, CS actually seems pretty decent. Also check all the bungs to ensure there isn't any left over plastic in the holes, Sometimes that causes issues. Also a quick throttle body clean may help. Just a few ideas if the plastic seal doesn't help.

JWalk likes this.