OP

Shaymay20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shayla
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost
Take this with a grain if salt, but to me it just sounds like your steering wheel unlocking?
I’ve been saying it sounds like something is unlocking but the only thing that leads to to think it’s not it because it happens super intermittently? There’s no rhyme or reason as to when it makes that noise, the most “routine” action that makes it happen is when it’s been sitting a while but even then it’s not consistent.

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I’ve been saying it sounds like something is unlocking but the only thing that leads to to think it’s not it because it happens super intermittently? There’s no rhyme or reason as to when it makes that noise, the most “routine” action that makes it happen is when it’s been sitting a while but even then it’s not consistent.
Try different things to re-create it. This has happened to me before too but I didn't think much of it. Idk much about Ecoboost packages but see if you have the enhanced security system. Turn off your car and lock it and while inside the car, turn the steering wheel. When I do that it locks. I would go test it for you right now but I don't have my car currently.

If it's really concerning, just go ahead and take it to the dealership would be my advice.
Sponsored