OBX Headers on v6

Arejay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6 convertible
Anyone ever bought and installed the OBX catted LTH from Ebay? Or have any experience with them on their v6? If so do you need o2 extenders or have any issues passing inspection? Or what other headers do you recommend?
Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Anyone ever bought and installed the OBX catted LTH from Ebay? Or have any experience with them on their v6? If so do you need o2 extenders or have any issues passing inspection? Or what other headers do you recommend?
OBX headers are fine in comparsion to BBKs. Had a set for awhile on my old S197 V6 for a stint. Fitment was fine, quality was good too. If I remember correctly you will need O2 sensor extentions unless they come with them. Someone can chime in that has had a set of LTH installed on the S550 chassis about the wires. I can't remember if some had enough play on the S550 and could unravel the stock wiring and they worked fine without extensions.? As far as inspections go...well, that would depend on the inspector and laws in your region. The minute you delete your stock cats, no matter if you replace them with aftermarket hi-flow cats, you are automatically gonna be voided on a full car inspection. However, some places may not do an actual eye inspection of the exhaust and do the sensor on the tailpipe and test for just emissions. Heck, or you find the place everyone just pays a little extra money to pass lol. Again, not sure about laws in your location.