Sponsored

Oasis Report

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Does anyone have access to oasis? Thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2019 gt350 thats used and under 500 miles. A bit odd someone would dump it so quickly.
Sponsored

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Ask the dealer service manager, he can pull it up no problem

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Weird is the carfax never shows an actual owner, just shows it was for sale last year at a dealership over 1000 miles away, with 4 miles on it and than for sale at the dealer near me with 79 miles on it ... But it has over 500 now and was listed as used...

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Sounds like a staff or dealership car thatā€™s driven by the sales staff and managers, and perhaps beaten on a bit. Iā€™d we wary of it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Wary as in not buy it? They seem eager to move it that is for sure.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
All Iā€™m saying is that this was a car the managers and or the sales staff was allowed to drive home for weekends or short trips. The people driving it may or may not have broken it in properly and not ridden the clutch too much. You just donā€™t know. It could have been eaten in or smoked it too. Iā€™d ask them when the warranty starts. If it was never sold or titled to a buyer, the warranty period should start the day you buy it. If they wonā€™t do that, run Forrest run.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Things just sound fishy. Way to many questions that cannot be answered, like....
Did the car hit high rev before getting properly warmed up? Maybe someone can chime in on this because I believe my manual says power will be limited before complete warm up.
Weā€™ve heard horror stories about these things getting beat up all the time before proper break in, see Radies rides on utube as one example. Some will argue itā€™s nonsense and your good to go regardless because of the warranty. If youā€™re comfortable with that then knock yourself out. Sometimes a great deal is just that, a great deal. Sometimes, not so much.
Maybe it was transported 1000K because someone wanted to buy it then backed out, who knows.
The new ā€˜19 I just bought last month had 43 miles on it before I bought it. I was told Management drove it a few times. True? Who knows, but I was comfortable with it. If it had 500 miles, I would have paid the MSRP for a 2020 they had with only a couple miles on it.
I have softened a little thanks to this forum. Just a few weeks ago my thought process was to order, be there on delivery and watch everything before taking possession.
Money has some funny things attached to it and can mess with your mind on decision making.
There are a few good deals out there on very low mileage 19ā€™s with a couple thousand on them from private parties. Iā€™d be more comfortable with that than your situation after I felt out the owner by asking the right questions.
Good luck man.

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Story is they sold it to a customer who brought it back after some miles and got into a truck instead.. an older guy. I guess he didnt have it for many days if the carfax is clean.

Anyways they are playing a bit of a game right now saying it might be sold already from the finance manager family or some nonsense. I got a very good deal in which I'm surprised they accepted.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
that would be a Hell no for me these cars are out there. If it seems too good to be true I would bet big money that it was not broken in correctly and absolutely abused here is one example this guy and his son are a pieces of shit humans!!!!

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Dealerships routinely fix cars that are damaged in transport and on the lot. It almost never is reported.
This is a fact. I have a wheel repair business and have repaired curbed wheels that have not been sold yet. Was there disclosure? I do not know, doubtful.

HEP#15

Sounds like a staff or dealership car thatā€™s driven by the sales staff and managers, and perhaps beaten on a bit. Iā€™d we wary of it.
Agree. You still may have an engine failure but I wouldn't touch a GT350 that I couldn't break in myself. My HEP had 2.9 miles on it when I got it and was sitting on the showroom floor and never test driven. This was THE most important criteria I used when sourcing my car back in April.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
The disclosure is written into the arbitration clause now. It states something to the effect of car may have had additional work done by dealership to prepare for sale. Most likely also has something else about the dealership not being liable for work performed. Its a pretty bad grey area because of the body work has problems then ford will say to chase the dealership and the dealership will say itā€™s not our problem.

I inspect a new car the same as I inspect a used car.
This is true ordered a GTO in 2005. They took 6 months to get here from Australia. After got car home and was waxing it felt over spray all up both side quarter panels and taillights and looked in direct light like a spot had been resprayed on the rear fascia. There was nothing any where reporting it. Was told GM and other manufactures can fix before unit is sold and no paper trail. In my case had to happen before got to dealership cause I was there when it came off transport. My dealership had the over spray removed and put new taillights in cause they're plastic, under warranty and the over spray remover would have etched them. And even though I ordered it its not a sold unit till you do paperwork. Ain't right but manufactures can do it before delivery and dealership can before signing on dotted line.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Dealerships also play games where they will drive a new car about 500 miles, list it for Public sale for a day or two but they put the miles on it so that they can sell it used to a family member. Pretty devious. If the OP did not give them a money deposit with a written signed contract, they can ā€œsellā€ it to a family member instead.

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Dealer story checks out.. car was bought and driven about 400 miles. It has a ceramic coat on it, guy traded it in and bought a raptor before his title was even mailed to him.

Test drive again, everything looks and feels good.. they did raise the price slightly on me which I was not surprised, the accepted my deal without hesitation yesterday, its whatever though
Sponsored