Sponsored

Now that we've seen the new Mustang...

How do you like the S550?

• Too much Evos for me, but it still looks good.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
How do you feel about it? Pick an option and tell why.

Sponsored

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
I really really like it! I was afraid they weren't going to change up the look enough, but in my opinion they struck a really nice balance between the old look and the evos. I like how aggressive it looks. I look forward to seeing the headlights and of course the rest of the car.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I voted good but not great, but I think my opinion stands between good and I love it. I think from what we can see it's quite well done. As others have mentioned there is a lot of Ford design language present, and it does share some resemblance with the Fusion. That would be my biggest criticism is that it isn't as unique as I was hoping it would be... BUT, it does look good!

I feel the rest of the car and how all that body lines and cues work together will solidify my opinion about whether it absolutely looks like it belongs in the Mustang family or not.

There is still a lot to see on this car and we still only have a small part of the picture here.

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
LOVE the new modern face. Lets see if the complete body of the car delivers in the same way.

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
To me this is about as good as it gets... it is immediately identifiable as a Mustang, with the traditional bits (long hood, short deck, yadda yadda yadda) but still a few retro cues too.

Over all it looks like the best possible formation the New Edge SN95's, S197's, and Evos Kinetic into one car.

Oh, and I think it's drop-dead-sexy.

Sponsored

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Good but not great enough for me to trade or sell my 13, which is a fantastic car. I'll wait for 2016 or 17 before I'm in the market.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Unwrapped an finished I think it is going to be "stunning" just like we have heard.

I was concerned it was going to be almost all Evos/Fusion with some Mustang references mixed in -- but I am thrilled that it is all Mustang with a few Kinetic references thrown in. It is tough, a good mixed of chiseled and sculpted, and it screams Mustang. It looks smaller, lower, wider, and fantastic. And that's just the front!

This is the only direction Ford could have gone with the car in my opinion.

Even from the little bit we have seen so far, it won't be long before I have all but forgotten that I wanted a current GT500. I am holding out for a performance variant of S550.

Mechanic

I am on the border of good and love it. I suspect it wont take long for me to get there and probably when it looks more finished it will be a slam dunk love it.

I have to say, I was not very optimistic after all those renders (altho the last few were really good) but this proved me wrong. Like it much more than I expected.

Vickstang

I am on the border of good and love it. I suspect it wont take long for me to get there and probably when it looks more finished it will be a slam dunk love it.

I have to say, I was not very optimistic after all those renders (altho the last few were really good) but this proved me wrong. Like it much more than I expected.
That means after the thing gets some spit and polish you'll love it :D

I voted LOVE IT!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I was told in Germany that the EVOS was the basis for the 2015 Mustang. I was convinced since then that the EVOS was indeed a look at one of the Mustang designs and got a lot of attention. The S550 will look a lot like these two shots and could possible maintain some S197 in the rear... This looks great, I am glad they went in the sport coupe direction...

Imagine this front end in your driveway with a 450hp V8...

HGFrontHigh-1.jpg

and imagine this front...

On a longer rear...

Ford-Evos-Concept-19.jpg

Sponsored

Callie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GT Convertible
Unwrapped an finished I think it is going to be "stunning" just like we have heard.

I was concerned it was going to be almost all Evos/Fusion with some Mustang references mixed in -- but I am thrilled that it is all Mustang with a few Kinetic references thrown in. It is tough, a good mixed of chiseled and sculpted, and it screams Mustang. It looks smaller, lower, wider, and fantastic. And that's just the front!

This is the only direction Ford could have gone with the car in my opinion.

Even from the little bit we have seen so far, it won't be long before I have all but forgotten that I wanted a current GT500. I am holding out for a performance variant of S550.
Agree with what you said. I think it will be stunning when all is said and done.

I am about 99% loving it right now. There are a few changes I would make but I think only because the exterior is so rough. Pair this thing with some nice interior finishing and TAKE MY MONEY.

If I have the patience to wait for a special edition I will try but given my past history with mustangs, it's not looking good :D

ARS

Threads
Reaction score
I dont hate it but I am not all that impressed either. It looks like a Fusion front clip. Its too early to reserve judgement though. I will be the black sheep here and say I am not impressed to be honest. Looks like something to me that has been out for several years.

I just think the Mustang should be set apart from the other corporate front ends ect...... If I have to look twice and dont know its a Mustang something is wrong with the design but when I see the whole car I may sing a different tune.

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Looks like a fairly decent evolution from the s197, not as Fusiony as was expecting. I don't necessarily love what I'm seeing but I'll withhold further opinion until I've see the entire car naked.

Powderd Toast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
17 Platinum White GT
The hood vents make me feel like a giddy little school girl.

J.Darcy

Judging by the reactions so far I think Ford has a hit on their hands.

My guess is anyone that didn't like the Evos wouldn't be too thrilled with this design either.
Sponsored