Drone help for newly installed axleback and h pipe

molson42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
I had a roush h pipe on my 17 gt and decided to add slp loudmouth2 axlebacks to go a little louder and deeper. My head is ringing since adding the new axlebacks. Love the sound but too loud outside and drone is really bad when I start accelerating. Should I just put the stock resonator back on and I will then atleast have the deeper than stock exhaust? I don't want to spend time installing sound deadening and don't want to return the slps. Other options such as a different resonator?
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP

molson42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
Any video of your setup, so we can hear how it sounds? Maybe a before and after if you have that footage.
I did not get any photos while it was up on the lift. Have not done any videos in the cabin yet but it has serous drone and is too loud outside as well. Need to tone it down which is why I thought maybe just have the stock resonator reinstalled and remove the hpipe vs buying more products

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It would also be easier to do, as you could remove the h-pipe yourself, cut out the appropriate length and then take it to a welder to have it welded off the car for the best possible weld job, after which you can reinstall it yourself. It’s more of a PITA to weld them in the axle back, but the results, as posted by Superspirit would probably be the same. Lastly, it’s cheap enough to do and you only sacrifice an h-pipe, as opposed to a whole axle back if it doesn’t yield the type of result that you’re looking for.

Sponsored
OP
OP

molson42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
Yes, I would leave the h-pipe and put bullets behind the h-pipe.
Pardon my ignorance but when u say behind the h pipe do u mean between the hpipe and the axleback not between the cat conv and hpipe, right?

OP
OP

molson42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
It would also be easier to do, as you could remove the h-pipe yourself, cut out the appropriate length and then take it to a welder to have it welded off the car for the best possible weld job, after which you can reinstall it yourself. It’s more of a PITA to weld them in the axle back, but the results, as posted by Superspirit would probably be the same. Lastly, it’s cheap enough to do and you only sacrifice an h-pipe, as opposed to a whole axle back if it doesn’t yield the type of result that you’re looking for.
Thx but I'm a newbie and don't have ramps or jack stands and will leave it to the shop.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Pardon my ignorance but when u say behind the h pipe do u mean between the hpipe and the axleback not between the cat conv and hpipe, right?
Correct, between the h-pipe and axleback.