Sponsored

Noticable gap above rear bumper cover

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
Oops. LOL. I copy and pasted the link to the old thread. Now I feel stupid.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
OK, so after looking at the link that [MENTION=18361]OrangeStang[/MENTION] posted, I decided to go and have another look. I pulled out the tails and thought for a bit. I put my hands under the corner of the rear valance and pulled up. When I did this the gap closed. So I decided to place my floor jack under the corner of the valance, just outside the tailpipe. I slowly cranked until the gap closed up again. Then I used a self tapping stainless screw and inserted it into the side of the bumper behind the tail light and into the black mounting piece behind the bumper cover. When I released the jack, the gap opened a bit, but nothing close to where it was before I started.

Its not perfect, but its a hell-of-a-lot better than it was. And it will keep until I get the courage to take the bumper off and readjust...:D

Here is where I placed the screw after jacking....

[/url]IMG_0412 by Derek George, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here is the before shot.. (other side I know, but both sides same)

[/url]IMG_0414 by Derek George, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here is the after shot...

[/url]IMG_0417 by Derek George, on Flickr[/IMG]

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I dropped by a local dealer and they approved it to be warrantied - even though I have a GT350 rear valance installed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I dropped by a local dealer and they approved it to be warrantied - even though I have a GT350 rear valance installed.
I am sure mine is warrantied as well. But the dealership is a 40 minute drive and then I have to wait, blah, blah, blah....:doh: So its a pain in the arse for me either way. At least if I do it, I would feel like its gonna last. Ya know the old saying.... If ya want something done right, then do it yourself......:D

Just gotta get up the courage to remove the bumper......:headbonk::headbonk:

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Nice job! Now...you got me out there worrying about my gap.

No wonder the English say, "Mind the Gap"...their cars must be put together slipshod too.

CVCashmere

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
Nice fix. I still cant believe they let these things roll off the assembly line looking like that. Any other Mustang before the S550 looked just perfect. Now I have to find time one day and fix mine...

Sponsored

torch2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've got a white car and the same issue on the rear bumper. Did anyone find the proper fix thread by chance?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here ya go fellas, I had posted this in another bumper thread a while back. It should be helpful:

Here ya go - go to this thread below and watch the clip regarding how to swap over to the Roush rear valance. It shows every aspect of the rear bumper cover fastener locations and hardware locations (screws), as well where to press to get the clips to snap into place.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1498517&postcount=8

It's a long video (but that's what fast forward is for), hopefully it helps to answer your questions.

Also here is this thread for you and others that includes detailed pics showing how to fix any rear bumper cover panel gaps:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70817&highlight=Bumper
Sponsored