NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I hate cats, nasty rotten animals that do nothing but kill every minute of the day.
Awwwww...did da wittle puddin' scare da big bad man???

Hate kids and dogs too?
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Awwwww...did da wittle puddin' scare da big bad man???

Hate kids and dogs too?
The kids around you do nothing but kill every minute of the day too? Thought it was just my neighborhood.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The kids around you do nothing but kill every minute of the day too? Thought it was just my neighborhood.
Yep. Dogs too. Murderous rampages all damn day.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Something smaller. The car's in my driveway (driven every few days) so I'd say a chipmunk (our yard is rotten with them), but they tend to do holes in the ground. That leaves a mouse.

I've had my issues with them. One chewed through the wiring on the generator in our shed last year. Way back, one nested in the muffler of a Corvette I was working on. When I started the engine after a 2 month downtime, it started spitting out acorns and then roasted baby mice. One time before that, a mouse made a nest in the air cleaner of a car a family member had stored in her garage for a few years.

I hate the miserable little things.
HAVE HAD AN OCCASIONAL ISSUE. ONE CONTIBUTING FACTOR IS THAT FOR MANY YEARS NOW, SOY BASE IS USED IN MANUFACTURING SOME WIRING SHEATHING...YUM YUM. MY BROTHER OWNS A RANCH...MAJOR PROB. BOUNCE SHEETS, SMALL STROBE LITE DEVICE, SOUND PITCH UNIT. NOTHING REALLY ALWAYS WORKS. GOOD LUCK

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Something smaller. The car's in my driveway (driven every few days) so I'd say a chipmunk (our yard is rotten with them), but they tend to do holes in the ground. That leaves a mouse.

I've had my issues with them. One chewed through the wiring on the generator in our shed last year. Way back, one nested in the muffler of a Corvette I was working on. When I started the engine after a 2 month downtime, it started spitting out acorns and then roasted baby mice. One time before that, a mouse made a nest in the air cleaner of a car a family member had stored in her garage for a few years.

I hate the miserable little things.
I live in the country "East Texas" have a 2 1/2 carport . Oak trees out the yazoo. been fighting mice/field rats ,size of "WHARF RATS "and Squirrels .. They have "EATEN " wires etc under hood of 3 Pickups, My Wife's Taurus . When I got my new GT Stang I did in Depth research of how to get the bastards out of my hair..errr Hood .....This is NO BULL-SH*T. I found 2 things they hate . The Dryer Sheets that have the nice powdery scent and Best SO FAR... Peppermint Oil { MC Cormicks} or {Adams } brand . Buy at WallyWorld for $3.00 a bottle . Get several... Then Soak cotton balls and stuff them under hood in different places where they won't fall out. I use 7-8 each time . Change them out every couple months . More often in winter if its cold where you live . they love the heat from a warm engine in cold weather . So Far .....Since March 2018 . not one Rat Turd or chewed wire ."KNOCK ON WOOD !! Worked for Me . If something better out there ,I'm always willing to learn .

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
HAVE HAD AN OCCASIONAL ISSUE. ONE CONTIBUTING FACTOR IS THAT FOR MANY YEARS NOW, SOY BASE IS USED IN MANUFACTURING SOME WIRING SHEATHING...YUM YUM. MY BROTHER OWNS A RANCH...MAJOR PROB. BOUNCE SHEETS, SMALL STROBE LITE DEVICE, SOUND PITCH UNIT. NOTHING REALLY ALWAYS WORKS. GOOD LUCK
Pudlins. It's what they do. It's all they do. (Cue Terminator soundtrack.)

1623157262993.png

Last edited:

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Peppermint oil works the best for sure. Had rats in previous cars engine bays- nothing now after peppermint. Spray it on some cat hair from cats brush or cotton balls and place under hood in an open zip lock away from heat sources.

fljab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
There are some great home made rat/mice traps too. Kill or no kill traps, search on you tube. Both are usually made from either 5 gallon buckets or tubs like you find at Lowe's or Home Depot. I guess Wally World also. Rig them up as either "walk the plank" or the roller coaster. Easy to build.

On You tube, Shawn Woods is one guy; kinda nerdy but his channel is dedicated to rat/mice traps. There are also various guys from Asia/India that have similar ideas and capture a lot of the little heathens. The main difference between kill and capture is they put water in the kill traps to drown them.

I'd do that vs poison because you have no control over what gets into the latter plus they could crawl into someplace you can't get to and die.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I use a five gallon bucket with a few inches of antifreeze. Drilled two small holes in the side near the top facing each other. Get a straight coat hanger, poke through one hole, run it through the bottom and out the top of a plastic water bottle and out the other side. Smear peanut butter on the middle of the bottle. I layed a 2x4 as a ramp for them. When they fall in the anti freeze keeps them from stinking.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Had a mouse die behind the cabin filter in my wife’s Camary. The smell was vague at first, then got rank. They can get in anywhere……
Seems like the only solution is to park your car in an enclosed garage where the door is only opened to enter and exit the garage. I especially don't park the car on the side of a street if there's lots of brush and junk cluttering the side. Perfect place for these critters to hide and jump into your car, especially if it's a cold day or night and they love the warmth of the engine compartment after you park there.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Hate..... why can't we just live in peace and harmony with all living creatures.
Yeah, like the living "creatures" that break into your home and rob you or assault you if you happen to be at home.....
Sponsored