Sponsored

Not another Exhaust thread

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
I have been patiently waiting for a remedy to the muted exhaust in this car, and so far I haven't heard anything aftermarket worth pulling the trigger on. Props to everyone involved in the Exhaust/intake threads. I love the boost in this car but the sound is irrelevant, just enough of a raspy note to accompany revs inside and out.

This is the first time I have floated on over to the 3.7 section. After browsing the EB exhaust thread, let me just say that I forgot how good the V6 sounds with a decent aftermarket exhaust. There is absolutely no comparison. Anyone who isn't a mustang aficionado or total gear head could mistaken this for 8 cylinders. Erased anything I narrowed down thus far ahaha. I would rather drive in relative silence and put my pennies towards the 5.0 if nothing becomes available that sounds as good as the 6.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19410

I love the motor all around, but the sound is out. Thought you guys might appreciate that haha :headbang:
Sponsored

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
A lot of the exhausts for 3.7 I hear are raspy and very import sounding

EDIT: It could just be the videos giving them that "tin" sound. There was a older body style (11-14) 3.7 driving next to me the other day on the road and his exhaust sounded pretty good. I tried to get up to him to ask what it was but couldnt before he veered off a different direction

OP
OP
e30og

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the ones on that list are so/so but a clean aftermarket, WOT, sounds excellent on the 6

ktodd1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Performance Pack / 2016 Ecoboost Premium
Honestly, I'm happy with my muffler delete + resonated tips. Sounds way better and I kinda think it gives it a formula sound to it which i do not mind at all :) . I'm still curious to see how much louder it would be if I got long tubes installed. Not really interested in the shorties.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Honestly, I'm happy with my muffler delete + resonated tips. Sounds way better and I kinda think it gives it a formula sound to it which i do not mind at all :) . I'm still curious to see how much louder it would be if I got long tubes installed. Not really interested in the shorties.
Here you go!

LT headers, Catless mid pipe, muffler delete

[ame]

This is my final revision!

LT headers, Catless mid pipe, Dynomax mini race bullets, Magnaflow mufflers

[ame]

Sponsored

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Sure this IS FINAL? :)

Seriously, good job for all you have done. Thanks for sharing your experience with your v6.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Sure this IS FINAL? :)

Seriously, good job for all you have done. Thanks for sharing your experience with your v6.
Haha for the most part! ;) I might still change the tips, etc...! But for now yes it is final!

ktodd1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Performance Pack / 2016 Ecoboost Premium
Here you go!

LT headers, Catless mid pipe, muffler delete

This is my final revision!

LT headers, Catless mid pipe, Dynomax mini race bullets, Magnaflow mufflers

lol i actually followed one of your first setups, the one with the DC sports tips, only thing I did differently was coat the tips black.

Also want to say thank you for taking the time and effort to show off the different setups for the v6 community. Really appreciate it and truly happier with the way it sounds currently. I noticed mine quieted down somewhat after driving with it for a month and a half now. Certain days when you stick around the 2500-3K range you hear the little amount of drone, and on other days its not as loud or almost nonexistent. maybe its just me lol

In regards to the long tube setup, agreed, it does sound a bit too loud. Needs to be a tad bit quieter

OP
OP
e30og

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sounds great man