Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot GT Prem Convertible 50th A6 3.55
NC Tint Law Info

For those who have tinted...
Who did it for you?
Which product did you pick?
What did it cost and how did it turn out?

http://www.ncdot.gov/download/dmv/inspection_windowtinting.pdf

Window Tinting​
There is an additional charge to check a vehicle with tinted windows. All windows with applications of after​
factory window tinting must be checked during the safety inspection. (See exceptions below)
Windows may not be any darker than 35% visible light transmission. This standard is considered to be met if the window tint is no lower than 32% visible light transmission when measured by the station with a photometer.
Windshield tinting is allowed, however the combination of the factory tint and the after market tint cannot have a light transmittance of less than 32%. The tint on the windshield cannot extend more than five inches below the top of the windshield or below the AS1 line of the windshield, whichever is longer.

Sponsored

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
Shepard's Auto Detailing in Jacksonville. Third car they did for me. Went with legal 35%. $200. Back windshield had to be redone because of a wrinkle, which they did, free of course. Owner stands behind his work! Cost was higher because I went with the carbon tint which has a lifetime warranty. Same used on other cars and after four years on those, still looks new.

RACERED910

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Fort Bragg... seen a couple of 15s on post, anyone here seen the Race Red? its me..
2015-02-20_00.06.03.jpg

Last edited:

dghuggin1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just now seeing this thread, but I am also in the Raleigh area. I headed to Dunn-Benson for and picked up a GT with performance package and the security package for roughly $32,600 out the door. I used to be heavy into the bike scene and miss the camaraderie. Looking to get into the car scene and doing meet ups and cruise ins. I am always down for a drink and a good cigar.

So far, I have only had Henry's Muffler Shop fab up an x pipe to 44 series Flowmasters for me. I cannot be happier that I went this route. They did great work on the 97 I had, and I am once again pleased. Great deep tone, and drone. I actually enjoy drone. More mods to come.

F0rc3f3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Ecoboost PP
Hey guys, I'm in Durham on the Brier Creek side of things. Wrecked my 14 V6 on monday. I'm hoping to take delivery of my 15 in the next few days. They are getting me a car from another location. ecoboost base with performance package and recaros.

Sponsored

dghuggin1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hey guys, I'm in Durham on the Brier Creek side of things. Wrecked my 14 V6 on monday. I'm hoping to take delivery of my 15 in the next few days. They are getting me a car from another location. ecoboost base with performance package and recaros.
I'm around that area a lot, I have several good friends that stay around there. Drove the ecoboost as a loaner until my GT came in, was impressed with the power it did have. Fun ride.

PhilGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GG PP
Hi All, Durham area here. Just picked up my Ruby Red '15 GT PP last week. Can't wait 'til it warms up around here and the rain washes off the salt to get it out!

On a separate note, has anyone seen a '15 with side exhaust exiting in front of the rear wheels? I've kept an eye out, but haven't seen one yet. Not sure if this is possible (or a good thing), just curious.

Glad to join the forum. I've been lurking for months now!

Mako_254

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot GT Prem Convertible 50th A6 3.55
Congrats!

Ruby Red looks very good. I don't know about the side pipes.

badass03ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 GT 'vert, 1973 Fastback
Hi All, Durham area here. Just picked up my Ruby Red '15 GT PP last week. Can't wait 'til it warms up around here and the rain washes off the salt to get it out!

On a separate note, has anyone seen a '15 with side exhaust exiting in front of the rear wheels? I've kept an eye out, but haven't seen one yet. Not sure if this is possible (or a good thing), just curious.

Glad to join the forum. I've been lurking for months now!

Ford Racing has a side exit exhaust. Decent pics on lethalperformance website.

Duttch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Guard color)
Just now seeing this thread, but I am also in the Raleigh area. I headed to Dunn-Benson for and picked up a GT with performance package and the security package for roughly $32,600 out the door. I used to be heavy into the bike scene and miss the camaraderie. Looking to get into the car scene and doing meet ups and cruise ins. I am always down for a drink and a good cigar.

So far, I have only had Henry's Muffler Shop fab up an x pipe to 44 series Flowmasters for me. I cannot be happier that I went this route. They did great work on the 97 I had, and I am once again pleased. Great deep tone, and drone. I actually enjoy drone. More mods to come.

-----
He Dghuggin1 i quess i saw you drive @ mainstreet in Fuquay Varina this afternoon.
I was enjoying my pizza and hear some rumbeling GT passing by around 4.30
Nice sound man.

Sponsored

RACERED910

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Got my MBRP Street cat on Monday, but been in the filed since... Can't wait to get out and install it. 3 more days.

IzVenomous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5oh
Good day at the track in Fayetteville today. Saw a black 15 there anyone on here?

15guardGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Green Auto GT
I didn't know the Fayetteville track was open today. I need to get back to the track to check my tune, how did the black one do?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Good day at the track in Fayetteville today. Saw a black 15 there anyone on here?
My buddy, TJ, was there with his red Mazda 3. He's waiting to get his new clutch, shifter, etc., installed in his GT. The DA looked really good, especially around 4pm-5pm today. I'm gonna try to make it down soon!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
to be traded for 2015 GT premium (just ordered)
Just outside of Ft Bragg.....Cameron
Sponsored