Sponsored

Noob Question - A10 on the Chassis Dyno...

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
So someday, I'll get my EBPP on a local chassis dyno. I assume that the operators are going to know what to do, but I'd like to know myself before I go. It looks like the A10 has a 1:1 ratio in 7th gear, and my limited experience with dynos is to run in direct drive when you can. Is this just a matter of putting the car in Sport+ or Drag mode and then using the paddle shifter to find 7th? I guess as long as the trans doesn't downshift, it should be fine... I'm sure I'm not the first person to deal with this setup, so am I in the right ballpark?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Nonsequitur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Euro Spec - 2014 Focus ST with EFR7163
If your car is completely stock (ie. not even a tune), you will likely hit the speed limiter in 7th on the dyno. If you have a tune, some dynos have a speed limit so you might hit that limit as well.

If you can select modes, use track mode with the shifter in "S". Your car has a plug next to the intake box in the engine compartment. It's hard to miss. Unplug it to disable Advancetrac, TC, and ABS. The guys running the dyno should know what to do.

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
If your car is completely stock (ie. not even a tune), you will likely hit the speed limiter in 7th on the dyno. If you have a tune, some dynos have a speed limit so you might hit that limit as well.

If you can select modes, use track mode with the shifter in "S". Your car has a plug next to the intake box in the engine compartment. It's hard to miss. Unplug it to disable Advancetrac, TC, and ABS. The guys running the dyno should know what to do.
Yes - the car is totally stock right now, and thanks again for the reminder to pull the plug on the AT/TC/ABS. I've got the full compliment of nannies so I need to make sure all that stuff is off as well. 6000 rpm looks like around 136 mph, so I think you're right about the speed limiter. I'll let the guys running the dyno decide what's the best gear to be in, I just want to make sure the car will stay there. I assume one of the drive modes will do the trick - that's another area I need to spend more time sorting out. Just haven't had enough time to do much playing with the car yet.

Thanks!
Sponsored